Guys, arapaima gigas isnt the words biggest freahwater fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I present to you, the beluga sturgeon, 24 feet long, 3,460 pounds!
img_2602125_0_32799fe2875b3241394b34a199d90c77.jpg
img_2602125_1_539e6b20c621720444f306dcb8d6a71b.jpg

2 questions.

1. Can that go in my 10g planted tank
2. Will a betta make a good tank mate?

Hah lol, you really got me laughing there!

I wish it can be in a tank, but it is critically endangered, so it's not very cheap to have one, plus, I imagine you need at least a 70 foot tank by 30 feet by 20 feet

Well, yea, but it could have been a deferent type, not white or beluga necessarily

Big sturgeon , we always catch these and Sacromento river. The biggest one we caught was the size on the back of the truck.

^+1 that's exactly what I thought too

yeah its definitely sad, but he wouldn't have been able to throw it back anyways

(However once the rockfish was secured, throwing it back wasn't a good option, according to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.

"Rockfish caught in deep water often sustain injuries," as a result of the decompression that happens when fish are quickly elevated to the surface, the ADFG says on its website. With Liebman being at a depth of 900 feet, "because of high release mortality, intentional catch-and-release fishing is greatly discouraged, particularly in depths of 60 feet or greater.")

Back
Top Bottom