Help my gourami has a swollen mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishMom711

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,
I hope someone can help me find out what is wrong with my fishy.

Attachments

• 15675284659742652420082534658590.jpg
    15675284659742652420082534658590.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 86
King Fisher

Any ideas how to cure it? Do I need to worry about my other fish? Its a 75 gallon tank with 3 plecos, 1 ciclid, 2 bala sharks, 2 irridecent sharks, 2 tetras, 2 silver dollars, and 2 gouramis (includes one in picture). The others seem fine. We did just have 4 barbs that all died in week from purchase.

API Erythromycin or Triple Sulfa. If that doesn't work, as a last ditch effort, I'd dose both Seachem Kanaplex and Metroplex together at the same time.

Get a 10 gallon quarantine tank if you don't have one already. Add your sick fish and medicate in the qt tank.

Thank you, but what about the others fish? There all in the same tank.

I wouldn't worry about them unless you begin to see signs of them getting sick.

You could medicate your whole tank but that will be spendy with a 75g

Thank you, I know it would be but I'm not sure when the medicine will arrive seeing as the only Petco near me doesn't have the medication you recommend. I had to order of Chewy. I'll probably put in a second order so I can properly treat the whole tank. I have other tanks to QT but I'm probably going to need to treat the whole tank for just in case purposes.

If you have plants be careful. You might harm them with the meds. It seems with a fungus it doesn't spread as easy as disease so you maybe in the clear with the rest of your fish but I would remove the infected one immediately to a QT

Back
Top Bottom