Horror story!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine happened on a slick floor, and it was right under the bird cage, so he was covered in feathers and dirt. What scared me was when the dirt made him start to feel rubbery.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Uh, her, sorry. I thought it was a boy until yesterday when I found out I was wrong.

Haha lol.

Anyone else scared of their fish? I'm scared to touch mine or even when they brush against me I freak! Idk why!

No, I out my fingers in and let my fish come up to them. My new Betta has some sharp little fangs though!

My puffer had been acting kinda weird one day, spending a lot of time hiding, floating on the bottom and being very lethargic. I went to bed kinda worried about him not sure what to expect. I woke up the next morning to him stuck to one of my HOB filter screens. Every fish I have ever had get stuck to the screens has been dead since they cant swim away. So I go to get the net to scoop him out I was very upset. And just as I put the net in the water to get him, he gets up and swims away fine. I swear the little jerk did it on purpose to give me a heart attack.

Lol. I would have freaked out too! The little bugger!! You still have him?

My betta will do that lol!! He just swims over and wraps his fins around and letsthe fitter grab em so he doesn't have to work to float lol.. The lazy sucker ;)

Big-j said:
My betta will do that lol!! He just swims over and wraps his fins around and letsthe fitter grab em so he doesn't have to work to float lol.. The lazy sucker ;)

My Betta rests in a plant or in his fake log. My friend always thinks he's dead!

Bettababe1011 said:
Lol. I would have freaked out too! The little bugger!! You still have him?

Lol yeah that's exactly what I said. Yeah I still have him. Now he likes to sleep straight up and down behind the down spout for the same filter.

Lol. Non aquarists say,"Why keep fish, they're so boring?!"

We say,"How could not everyone keep fish!". Or,"These fish are making me go prematurely gray!!"

I hate how people act about keeping fish. Every time I mention anything about people being uneducated about keeping fish they say "oh how hard could it be, you just feed them." I just rollll my eyes. Oh the irony!

Yeah. People don't get it, and that's how people give up when all their fish die or their TWO MALE BETTAS kill each other, or lots of other things go wrong.

That kills me^^. I was complaining to my friend once about people keeping goldfish in bowls and she's like "Wait, you can't keep goldfish in bowls?"
me "No..."
her "Not even for a little while?"
me "Define 'little'."
her "Two months?"
me *facepalm*

I later found out her mom and she had about 25 goldfish in a 40 gallon tank along with some swordtails.

Yeah, my friend always tells me about how his dads fish die all the time and he's so puzzled as to why. Doesn't monitor levels, overstocks, keeps incompatible fish that kill each other.. It's a mystery! :lol:

I was in our LFS today and this guy comes in screaming about how his fish keep dying and he wants new ones not from a chain, the conversation went like this
What size?
How often do you change the water and how much?
You mean I actually have to change it? I've had it up a year and there's just green stuff everywhere.
Did you test your water?
Well that's just silly they live in any kind of water.
*The cleark tested the water he brought (not sure why he brought it at this point.)
Umm sir what kind of water do you have?
City that should be the best for them!
Yes but 1st you have to at least dechlorinate it, you'll burn them.
Are you kidding me?
No chlorine will burn us in if we were in the amount they are.

I left at that point affraid I might tell him to at least do some basic things with his fish like put dechlorinator in for them.

I wish I'd had a video camera seriously, I think he thought the filter did all the cleaning. I got nothing on why it never occured to put dechlorenator in, I have my doubts he even waited to put fish in. Where any possibility of the chlorine evaporating happened. My jaw had to be dragging as I left. On a bright note I do know, the clerk refuse to sell him anything until his tank was cleaned out and he took his advice seriously.
I just feel bad for the fish I can't imagin how they suffered

Back
Top Bottom