house hold chores..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd get a shorter list if you asked what I *don't* do every day, lol.
Laundry - at least 2 loads
Dishwaser - at least once a day
Vaccuum
Dust
Mop
Trash - this is supposedly DH's job but working 6-7 days a week 12-18 hour days he rarely actually has time to do it
Feeding of the cats, dog, fish, crabs, gerbils and ducks - as well as any tank/cage maintenance
All meals for the humans............
That's the daily basis stuff, then there's the things that get done as needed.....

My husband works nights on the weekends, so he sleeps most of the day. I don't have an "outside" job so I take care of the house. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done. I do wish my husband would do things around the house without my having to ask him. But if I do ask, he doesn't grumble too much. I think the things I hate the most are folding and putting away the laundry. And dishes. I love to dust and mop and vacuum. I even like cleaning the bathroom.

Meredith said:
. I think the things I hate the most are folding and putting away the laundry. And dishes.

Why cant we all just live out of laundry baskets??? I see NO problem in it... Now my hubby??? Wants to get his socks and underware out of a drawer... sheesh...

and as far as the whole dishes concept... YUCK!!! My kids get frightened when I get the glass plates out... "Is Grandma coming to dinner?" Paper all the way...

My "daily" chore... take 1 gallon of water out of my Rams tank.. pour that water on a few house plants...
I have many things that I do all the time... but nothing that is "daily" except my Rams tank.

Oh geez! I feel SOOO lazy now. I don't think that I have ONE daily chore. For all of you that sweep on a daily basis or even three times a week, MAN You must live with dirty people. I'm lucky if I get around to doing it once every two weeks. Then again, it is just me and my fiance and I am gone 4 days a week on business. I am only home Friday through Sunday and things just get done when they need to get done. I do the laundry on Friday morning, sweep on Sunday night after I pack my clothes for the week (if it needs it), dishes as they are dirtied, cat's liter box is cleaned when he starts throwing liter on the floor. My cats the coolest. When he wants it cleaned he will toss out about a 1/4 cup of liter on the floor. When I walk in the bathroom and see it, it immediately gets cleaned and he's a happy camper. I don't think he likes the liter box perfectly clean. When I clean it, he immediately comes into the bathroom and jumps in his liter box and uses it. I can immediately clean it out again and he wil just jump back in it and go again. He's too funny. I'm lucky to mop the kitchen floor once a month. But again, our house doesn't get dirty. While I'm gone all week he takes care of everything and when I get home on the weekends, all I have to do is pick up after myself. He has classes Monday through Friday from 8 to 6 so he's not really home either. Man, now that I think about it, why do we even have an apt?

Jchillin said:
For shame!

Litter box maintenance (yuck)

Next!

yummy Jchillin! as was said in the sunday chat.... CAT COOKIES

mine is take out the garbage, unload the dishwasher, babysit(tuesdays, wednesdays, on holidays, tuesday and thursday only) and my last but not least yet also my favorite chore, TAKE CARE OF MY FISH TANK!!!! YAYYYYY :D :mrgreen: yet.... some of us are "Special" in our own little ways

oh rudy, everytime you make a post i get to read it, because it notifies me. any how, don't worry about your posts killing the topic. i'm making this post while my dad is sleeping...i can hear him snooring in the next room. i didn't need to tell you that, but that's just another thing interesting in my life. :lol:

me too my parents are snoring loud as heck yet.... its true when i make a post the topic dies :mrgreen: just another of my "special" abilities at this website :mrgreen:

oh rudy...it's okay..all of our parents snore...i think. the topic hasn't died yet, i'm still talking.

LOL me too

bad news for me i snore REALLY REALLY BAD HERE!! lol

well i think i gotta go to US Government
c yall after school

hehehe i'm told that i talk in my sleep. y'all take us government already?? we don't get to take that till our senior year..

we get our Oklahoma History and U.S. Gov. classes at the beginning :roll: :roll: :roll: oy school is a pain

didn't read any posts after the long, second one by your only sin and just wanted to add a little in his defense. Like he said I'm also not a man that expects a woman/wife to do all the house work, cook, clean and take care of kids.... ...in fact I do my fair share if not more around my house but marriage isn't a competion nor does anyone take scores.... ...If i read correctly and I think i did he has at least a 16 hour day with 12 hours at work and 4 hours driving to and from. Throw in a quick stop for milk and bread and it's 17 hours. 24 - 16 =8. Interesting that that is the suggested amount of sleep one should get. As he also mentioned (and I share this fact) that up untill a short while ago he was the only driver in the house and that running the rest of the family around is a big time consumer aswell. All that being said there is more to running a household/family than dishes and laundry. Sorry for the rant but he got a little grief from a few of the younger ladies and I just wanted to add my 2 cents...

your two cents was welcomed, i think AA is always welcome to other peoples views. i understand youronlysin's point and uhhh can't think of the other word... i didn't give him to much grief..just said that he should do something for her.

Chores, Hmmm...Well, I clean the house, cook most of the meals ( I am a hobby chef and cooking is stress-reliever for me), feed the dog/cats, take care of the liter box and my fish. I am happy to do all of this because my wife does the laundary, which I hate with a passion! She is also the bean counter and bil payer here. Now that she is pregnant, she comes home from work and lays on the couch and wonders what is for super. i wonder what is different now that she is pregnant? :wink:

Well the only thing I have to do during the week is get the kids up and ready for school. Now that they're older all I have to do is shout down the hall.

But I do cook, clean and do the laundry on a semi-regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom