house hold chores..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kansaschick08

So there has to be one chore that you have to do everyday..what is it?

Mine would have to be vacuuming.

My mom used to make me unload the dishwasher

Now I don't have to do anything if I dont want to

yay independence!

Dishes, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom. the works.. now how much of it I actually get done.. thats another story

Jchillin said:
Litter box maintenance (yuck)

Next!

I don't have kitties...they make me sneeze.

i once animal sat a cat and a dog, but the cat was a little devil, the dog was a dream. the whole litter box part..wasn't really done by me all that much.

What chores DON'T I do every day? Currently my beef is laundry. I do laundry just about every day.

Fortunately I do not have to vacuum every day - the dog has extremely short hair (requirement for pets in my house, fish fit the bill quite nicely :wink: ) but I do vacuum about 3 times a week, one part of the house or another.

good job TG, laundry is a nasty chore to tackle... thank god my sister does the majority of it.

Fortunately I do not have to vacuum every day - the dog has extremely short hair (requirement for pets in my house, fish fit the bill quite nicely ) but I do vacuum about 3 times a week, one part of the house or another.

vaccum three times a week.. What a wonderful world ~ sighs dreamily ~

I suppose I am either lucky or Im just not doing my part. My wife tends to take care of just about everything. She arranges bill payments, does the laundry, makes the meals, cleans the floors, does the dishes, bathrooms, etc. On top of that she cares for our 4 month old baby. She is currently getting a break while our 4 year old daughter is taking part in an uncles wedding in Idaho, but when that one comes home things get even more hectic. I work 12 hour days and have 2 hours of driving each day to work....I work nights, so I sleep most of the day. On top of taking care of everything in the house, my wife recently decided she wanted a part time job and is now working an additional 20-25 hours a week. Shes a real trooper, but I think I need to find something I can do around the house to give her a break before she blows up. :lol:

youronlysin said:
I think I need to find something I can do around the house to give her a break before she blows up. :lol:

I think that would be quite nice of you to give her a break, my dad will sometimes cook dinner, or take her out to eat at a nice resteraunt. I'm old enough to stay home alone, but I would recomend a baby sitter..for your youngin. that would make her day i bet.

Your only sin should be ashamed. If I was his wife I would have taken a frying pan to the side of his head already.. ^^

Hehe. I didnt mean to sound like I do absolutely nothing to help out, I was simply trying to give her credit for all of the things that she does. While she was at home with the kids and cleaning and cooking, I was the only one in the family bringing in an income. It was her own decision to stay at home and I am NOT one of those men that expect to come home to a clean house and dinner on the table. She is a wonderful wife for going out of her own way to do this and I appreciate it. It was only recently that she started working a part time job as well. This was also her decision because she felt that she wasnt contributing somehow... :roll:

While all of this is going on I think its also important to note that my wife just started driving a month ago. Since we've been together I've been the only transportation for the family. Ive never missed a doctors appointment, grocery shopping or any other task that required driving to get there. Before we moved to this state, she worked a full time job and I had the responsibility to get myself to my own job as well as drive her to her job. Between jobs, doctors and errands, I was constantly behind the wheel of my car making sure that things were taken care of.

I do clean up after myself and I try to take care of the dishes if I notice them piling up a little. The truth is, she usually beats me to just about everything and there isnt much to help out with. She cleans up a little while Im sleeping before work and when shes off to work, I watch the kids and feed them. I do own the repsonsibility of household maintenance, keeping the vehicles running and maintained and all the yardwork. On my nights off from work, I'll feed the baby at night so she can sleep. I do acknowledge the fact that she does have a lot of responibility as a wife and mother and I think she deserves a break. I dont know what it is that she dislikes doing the most, be it laundry or cleaning or whatever. I know that if I take over and care for the kids, she starts cleaning. Maybe thats all she wants is some free time to feel like she can get something done around the house without having to stop every ten minutes to take care of a child. No matter, I would like to do something extra to take the load off of her.

My boyfriend is good about taking out the trash on *almost* every trash day/night before

But I do more of the cleaning stuff and I nag him to hang up the clothes I washed...
But I don't do things on a daily basis. I do everything when it needs to be done.. like the dishes, laundry, cat box, bills etc

My wife works swing shift and does not get home until almost midnight. Every night I cook dinner for my son and I and clean up all the dishes afterward. My son is four he creates a lot of mess with all his toys. Sometimes I can get him to help clean up the toys but not always. I also give him a bath every night. Sometimes I even do laundry. My wife pretty much comes home to a clean house every day. I have been doing this five nights a week since my son was 6 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom