how do you fill a large aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I refill mine with the vacuum hose that I clean with. Just put in reverse. I wouldn't use a garden hose.

mfdrookie516 said:
i usually fill them with water and fish

No inverts or plants? Lol I use a python but your hardware store will most likely have an attachment for your faucet and some water line.

I also use big pitchers for filling 1-30Gallons takes a lot of time but it's worth it last time I filled my tank with hose it fell out of tank and a ton of water got on my carpet and made it smell :/

I used a hose connected to my faucet with a hose adapter. Filled up a 75g FW tank in 10 mins. Hose was $10 and adapter was $3

Fishie said:
I also use big pitchers for filling 1-30Gallons takes a lot of time but it's worth it last time I filled my tank with hose it fell out of tank and a ton of water got on my carpet and made it smell :/

I always spilt my bucket lol

Ibrahim said:
I used a hose connected to my faucet with a hose adapter. Filled up a 75g FW tank in 10 mins. Hose was $10 and adapter was $3

This would be the way to go. Much cheaper then a python. But a python also has a gravel vac

Hobgob said:
This would be the way to go. Much cheaper then a python. But a python also has a gravel vac

You can turn it into a python by getting a regular gravel vac for $7 and finding a hose that fits over the place the shorter tubing was at

Back
Top Bottom