How long did it take YOU to get MTS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! You guys got MTS bad(or good?)!! I thought i upgraded pretty hugely! And Cactuspixie, those are some pretty unique aquarium sizes! Never heard of a 171 gallon before!

I started with one Betta when I moved out last yea from parents In oct ... Now I have 7 Betta all in seperate 1gal bowls an 29 g and a 20 gal with guppies mystery snails a dwarf gourami and juli cory cats and peppered cory cats in 29g an in 20g just one mystery snail and my male guppies an endlers all tanks are in my bedroom

Wow! You guys got MTS bad(or good?)!! I thought i upgraded pretty hugely! And Cactuspixie, those are some pretty unique aquarium sizes! Never heard of a 171 gallon before!

Lol- here larger tanks are sold by size, not volume, so I use the dimensions to work out the volume in litres, then use a conversion app to get the volume in US gallons. B)

I went from a 10g fake plant guppy tank, to a 20g long planted, to a 125g sw setup... In less than 2 years, i currently have 3 tanks running (125 sw, 72g bow fw, 10g hospital for 125)

First ten gallon tank on Christmas of 2012 then March of 2012 I bought a 55 gallon , then June of 2013 I got a used 100 gallon and my parents bought a 72 bowfront

It was all an accident, really.

Actually, i had a 30. Some fish got sick or sold to me sick, thanks petco, and i bought a 3 gallon. Then the fry came and I got a 10. i then upgraded to a 55 from craigslist. After that i looked to start a new tank project and fell into my 75 gallon for dirt cheap same day i just bought a 55 on sale. Now ive got daphnia in the 3, shrimp and fry in the 10, breeding knight gobies in the 30, 55 brackish, 55 freshwater, 75 tang tank. I really would like to just keep the big 3 but always find a use formthe smaller ones.

It was all an accident, really. Actually, i had a 30. Some fish got sick or sold to me sick, thanks petco, and i bought a 3 gallon. Then the fry came and I got a 10. i then upgraded to a 55 from craigslist. After that i looked to start a new tank project and fell into my 75 gallon for dirt cheap same day i just bought a 55 on sale. Now ive got daphnia in the 3, shrimp and fry in the 10, breeding knight gobies in the 30, 55 brackish, 55 freshwater, 75 tang tank. I really would like to just keep the big 3 but always find a use formthe smaller ones.
Haha i hear yah!! I always find a need for another tank!!

In one year I've made it to 6 tanks, 2 bowls a hob riparium and a grow bed hooked up to my cichlid tank. When I moved I got a place with an extra beedrom just for the fish.

Let's see I got my 45 for Christmas in 7th grade, didn't get anything else until I started dating my girlfriend. We then got three snakes which each require a tank. Then in the next year I got three more snakes, a 125 gallon, a 36 gallon, four 10 gallons, fluval edge and a number of smaller tanks. Now I'm planning on adding five more 10 gallons lol.

How long did it take me to get MTS? About a week. How long did it take my parents to let me try to cure the disease? Still working on it.

That said, I do have more than one tank, but they've drawn the line now - no more tanks until I'm out of the house :lol: I currently have a 55g, 29g, 11g, 10g, and 5g.

I went fishless for about 3 years. Just thinking about it all what I wanted, etc.

I wanted a 46G Bowfront tank. Pretty big enough for some schools of tetras, and other peaceful fish. But it was so surprising to my spouse about how big it was...

So I got a brand new 16G bowfront set up (kit) still in the box for $50. With the thought that I would wait a good while and see if I still liked fish enough to invest in a "big" 46G not a big tank here on AA but big for the spouse.

Got a pond for Koi.

Waited a year.

Then I went crazy!

Over the course of time...bought approx 5 additional tanks, the bigger ones a 39G flat back Hex and a 40G breeder, and a 37 G and a few smaller ones 1.5-3G for Bettas. Daughter gave me her 6.6G Edge.

Shopping for a 46G bowfront upgrade and found the 72G bowfront for the same price I was willing to spend for the 46G max price 200 for EVERYTHING, got the 72G with everything instead, lol!!!

I keep upgrading the tanks I have, now 12G Edge and a 5G Chi. I have a little 2.5G Plastic Aqueon which looks like a mini bowfront and spouse actually said I needed to upgrade it because the glass ones looked so much nicer, lol. Got him! He calls the living room the fish room or TV room.

I catch a little flack. He says oh there's a little room over here, you wanna put a fish tank here too? And I smile fiendishly...;) With a glint of giddy fire in my eyes... lol

Was at 12 now at 9, one is just temporary for a couple more days till the baby blue cray goes to his new home, and one will get dismantled and put into existing tanks so that will be 7...The Koi went to a new pond home after I moved....

Trust...I was thinking 3 tanks also, but there is always a need for another one!!!:lol:

I prefer the smaller tanks. The 72G is a monster but looks so beautiful. My favorite tank is the 6.6G Edge and has been for awhile.

I got my my 125 gallon in 2008, then in 2009, a 75, I dont have those now, but last year in January, I got a 55, a 29 in may, and a 5.5 in April, I hope to be getting a 400 in about a year

I went fishless for about 3 years. Just thinking about it all what I wanted, etc. I wanted a 46G Bowfront tank. Pretty big enough for some schools of tetras, and other peaceful fish. But it was so surprising to my spouse about how big it was... So I got a brand new 16G bowfront set up (kit) still in the box for $50. With the thought that I would wait a good while and see if I still liked fish enough to invest in a "big" 46G not a big tank here on AA but big for the spouse. Got a pond for Koi. Waited a year. Then I went crazy! Over the course of time...bought approx 5 additional tanks, the bigger ones a 39G flat back Hex and a 40G breeder, and a 37 G and a few smaller ones 1.5-3G for Bettas. Daughter gave me her 6.6G Edge. Shopping for a 46G bowfront upgrade and found the 72G bowfront for the same price I was willing to spend for the 46G max price 200 for EVERYTHING, got the 72G with everything instead, lol!!! I keep upgrading the tanks I have, now 12G Edge and a 5G Chi. I have a little 2.5G Plastic Aqueon which looks like a mini bowfront and spouse actually said I needed to upgrade it because the glass ones looked so much nicer, lol. Got him! He calls the living room the fish room or TV room. I catch a little flack. He says oh there's a little room over here, you wanna put a fish tank here too? And I smile fiendishly...;) With a glint of giddy fire in my eyes... lol Was at 12 now at 9, one is just temporary for a couple more days till the baby blue cray goes to his new home, and one will get dismantled and put into existing tanks so that will be 7...The Koi went to a new pond home after I moved.... Trust...I was thinking 3 tanks also, but there is always a need for another one!!!:lol: I prefer the smaller tanks. The 72G is a monster but looks so beautiful. My favorite tank is the 6.6G Edge and has been for awhile.
Lol thats pretty crazy! Trust me, i get flack about my tanks a lot too! People ask when i'm gonna start putting fish in my pool ;)

I got my first tank in may of 2013. (20g freshwater) then i got my 2nd tank in the begging of august 2013 (37g reef) and my 3rd tank today! (60g cube with 20g sump soon to be reef)

I got a 3 in June of 2012. By July I had the 3 and two 10s. I got a 20 for Christmas And by february I had four 10s, the 20, the 3, a 5, and a bunch of kritter keepers. I now have six 10s, one 5, one 3, one 2.5, two kritter keepers, two 20s, a 29, and a 36. Did I mention I'm only 15 years old?

Back
Top Bottom