How much did you spend? Decor!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, tough luck. Have you tried getting more of the "unappetizing" variety?

That's what I need. I kind of need quick growing, fish surviving, algae free plants that can deal with high water flow. Um, saw duckweed cheap and bought some of that. I figure I can always scoop out some if it takes off too much. Fingers crossed. :)

Wouldn't duck weed block out the light?

It could eventually yes, and also suck up nutrients my other plants need. I think I will need to keep an eye on it and if it grows too quick will need to remove some each week. I'm hoping that I'll get a nice mat of it that fry can hide in but I'm not sure it will be thick enough. I have fairly decent water flow so will be interesting to see how it goes. I added about a handful of it.

You think african water fern might work? It's seems to have tough leaves to me. Slow grower though.

Might - I've been assuming I need fast growers to beat fish and algae. Really got no idea here. Should be a better balance now - I will check out, many thanks. Any others to look for?

Edit - I also have some driftwood I could try tying plants to?

Last edited:
I have java fern and african water fern tied to my drift wood. You might try to start a thread about "plants that fish won't eat" or something to get more ideas. Cause my knowledge is limited for sure ;)

Thanks, I'll have a look and follow up further.

The foxtail has taken off well on one side of the tank, trying to get it going on the other side. If that can take over the back, then plenty of driftwood in the middle to try growing stuff on. I've noticed the liquid carbon is keeping the algae in check (or I've struck the right balance).

So far the duckweed is not doing a lot but I guess I didn't want it very fast growing lol.

Surprised nobody pointed out that angels don't get or become pregnant

I know I'm not a novice. I just didn't have a better word. Why else would I add both parents. I knew the male would have to fertilize the eggs after they were laid.

Back
Top Bottom