How my wife views me as a fishkeeper (funny)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Melbourne?!

It is so much more fun going to the lfs with someone, but am sure it is even more fun when that someone is as enthusiastic about fish as you are.

Sigh.

Yeah I hear you. I have to stop at every single fish store even if I don't buy anything and my wife is like "uggh again? Can I just stay in the car" I say uhhh no its a fish store let's go I might want something!

I wish I could find someone that likes tagging along to the lfs. Every time I suggest it to family, they develop a very pained look!

:lol: I think i hit a turning point with getting my sister interested when she handfed my Comets orange last weekend. At one point she said thats it it tried to bite me. I replied quickly with no it was giving you a kiss. Got a nice Aww from her and she runs to my tanks when she visits now. Let the family feed your fish when they visit and they might start seeing them as genuine pets as opposed to just animals in a tank.

Haha yes its pretty funny. It never fails every single time!
it's bad when every fish shop with 30 miles is all like..."hey Alex! Need a new filter huh?!" To which I reply.. Yes! You know I need a new filter! I alwaysssss neeed a NEWW FILTERRR:D Edit.. "One can never have too much/enough filtration!

:lol: I think i hit a turning point with getting my sister interested when she handfed my Comets orange last weekend. At one point she said thats it it tried to bite me. I replied quickly with no it was giving you a kiss. Got a nice Aww from her and she runs to my tanks when she visits now. Let the family feed your fish when they visit and they might start seeing them as genuine pets as opposed to just animals in a tank.

Thanks, I will! They definitely do eat from my hand - you can't go wrong with some pea :)

Yeah I hear you. I have to stop at every single fish store even if I don't buy anything and my wife is like "uggh again? Can I just stay in the car" I say uhhh no its a fish store let's go I might want something!

I'm sorry to hear that. I do get the same type of noises (in addition to the pained looks).

LOL you wouldn't believe the stuff I have stashed in the closets and drawers that my wife doesn't know about. "What did you buy for the fish now?"........ "Nothing honey. I've had this Fluval C3 for a long time now. Don't you remember?" OS.

LOL you wouldn't believe the stuff I have stashed in the closets and drawers that my wife doesn't know about. "What did you buy for the fish now?"........ "Nothing honey. I've had this Fluval C3 for a long time now. Don't you remember?" OS.

That's very funny! My sister tries that one with furniture. For some reason, it doesn't work.

I hadn't thought of bribing - if only there was a decent cafe near my lfs, I might just get away with that for awhile.

Coffee offers worked for a bit :)

They eventually wise up, now I just get told to go there myself but not spend much....

Ohh, that's tempting.

I've been thinking the parcels from online buying should go to the neighbors and then we smuggle in 'over the border'.

Ohh, that's tempting. I've been thinking the parcels from online buying should go to the neighbors and then we smuggle in 'over the border'.
hahaha! That's great! It's like 2:30 in the morning and your running around outside in your pjs carrying an air stone and some fish flake..

hahaha! That's great! It's like 2:30 in the morning and your running around outside in your pjs carrying an air stone and some fish flake..

Lol lol, you're right - I've got to be sensible about this. Maybe I could say I'm going over for a swim and hide the flakes in chip packets. Unless the kids found them ....

Lol lol, you're right - I've got to be sensible about this. Maybe I could say I'm going over for a swim and hide the flakes in chip packets. Unless the kids found them ....

But where are you gonna hide that FX6s!!???!!

Back
Top Bottom