How often do you feed your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Often do You Feed Your Fish?

• Twice every other day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once every third day

• Twice every third day

• Total voters

bud29

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am curious how often you guys feed your finned friends? If you want, you can reply to the thread and tell us your schedule in addition to voting in the poll.

Usually once a day at night. About twice a week I'll give them a snack in the morning as well.

Once a day, but sometimes I'll skip a day.

When I leave for a weekend they don't get fed at all until I get back.

Once a day when I turn the lights on. I left for a week once and they didnt get fed the whole time but were fine. I'd probably do every other day but most likely I would forget if I was on a "feed day" or a "don't feed day". LOL!

I voted other. Once a day, skipping 1-2 days a week randomly for adults. Fry and grow out fish are fed 2-4x per day. Fish being conditioned for breeding get fed 1-2 times a day with as many live foods as we can throw in. Been doing that for 9+ years. ;)

In the end, it always depends on what fish you're keeping, their age / growth, and your goals as a hobbiest.

I feed about once every other day, sometimes skipping two, sometimes everyday. Depends. My eel gets fed when I remember/can't remember the last time he got food lol.

I feed about once every other day, sometimes skipping two, sometimes everyday. Depends. My eel gets fed when I remember/can't remember the last time he got food lol.

That must be a terrible feeling for the eel....."Hmm......will I get fed today?"
Just kidding, that's very similar to my sister's betta feeding schedule:lol:

Andrew McFadden said:
I voted other since I skip a day sometimes two

+1 I use the same schedule with either 2 or 3 feedings a week with the stray treat when a guest is over ;)

I feed 2x a day. In the am I feed algae sheets and nls pellets for my tangs and angel. After work I feed frozen or fresh seafood for them and my puffer.

Once every other day... sometimes I cheat though, actually I cheat a lot... Hard to resist 14 little fishy faces all gathered at the top of the tank as I walk by saying 'feed me!'. So more like once a day :D

My puffers get fed about every other day and my tropicals get fed usually around twice a day. It is full of young fish that I am growing out, so I feed a lot and change the water a lot. They get a wide variety of pellets, flakes, frozen foods and fresh veggies, not all at the same time of course. I try to feed them fresh and frozen food every other day with flakes and pellets on the other days.

I have a little schedule worked out for my gang :) I do 3 days of feedings with NLS and then a day of cucumbers ( or Zucchini or broccoli), then take a day off and resume. My fry, however, are fed twice a day everyday :)

Mine are fed twice daily, they get a varied diet because of my elephant nose, flakes, live bait, frozen bait & veggie,s.

i've only had my aquarium set up for three or four weeks . . .

i'm "cycling" i guess . . . i have a 75-gal tank and three little red-tailed black sharks so far. I'm feeding tetra tropical crisps . . . the container says to feed one crisp (about the size of what a three-hole punch punches out of a piece of paper) per one-inch of linear length two to three times a day. that seems a lot but that's what i'm doing . . . i certainly don't want to overfeed.

is there a forum here for beginners where i should be getting the lowdown on aquaria?

Back
Top Bottom