how old were you when you got your first aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

how old were you when you got your first aquarium

• 0-10

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • 11-20

Votes: 60 44.8%
  • 21-30

Votes: 13 9.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • 41-50

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 51-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61 +

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think I was eight, if having a Betta in a bowl counts. Now I have a ten gallon with a Betta and sm starting a new twenty nine gallon community with:

6 zebra danios
6 male guppies
4 panda cories
1 bristle nose pleco

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

13 but had no idea what I was doing. Kept 2 goldfish in a bowl ( I know how mean eh!!). They lived for almost a year though! Then I c got a 55g fw when I was 31....did it properly the second time round :). Got my 44g going and now saving up for a 125g :D

My dad always had tropical fish when I was growing up, and I always wanted my own. I got a plastic tank with glass fish instead on my 10th birthday ;) when I was 13 we adopted next doors goldfish because they were going to flush them! :(
But my first real tank that is all mine I got this Christmas, at the age of 24 :D so glad I didn't have one before because I wouldn't have known how to care for them properly, and now that I'm older, I'm so excited about learning all the science and disease and stuff!

I had a 3 gallon FW tank with a Betta, dwarf frog, and some sort of snail when I was around 8 years old. I had that for two years. I didn't get a fish tank again until I was 22 and got a saltwater tank.

Well I've always had that goldfish in a bowl, or a betta. And when I was little(er) I saw my uncles aquarium and the way home wouldn't stop saying fish! Thats definitely where I got my love for fish from. I did get my ten gallon when I was twelve/11. Now at thirteen I'm setting up a SW nano tank! (dwarf seahorses!) :)

-Dylan

?

Well I've always had that goldfish in a bowl, or a betta. And when I was little(er) I saw my uncles aquarium and the way home wouldn't stop saying fish! Thats definitely where I got my love for fish from. I did get my ten gallon when I was twelve/11. Now at thirteen I'm setting up a SW nano tank! (dwarf seahorses!) :)

-Dylan
Where are you gonna buy sea horses??? I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Seahorsesource.com cycle that tank first! ;)) there 10.50 each

-Dylan

I had a 10gal with my gold fish freddy when I was 8 years old. He lived to 7 years old. I cryed my eyes out when my freddy the gold fish died :'(

I started at 11 and am 14 so three years. I started really early with a goldfish in a bowl at age 4 and called it pingdoe. It lived for two years.

i had a red crab in a 10 gallon when i was 4 years old.it didnt live very long. i named it claw(i got it because i loved the colour red)now im 13 and have a 20 gallon community tank and a 10gallon breeder tank.

I was 46 years old. I was given a Common Pleco for free by a blood lab, when my Grandson Casey was 4. He had just been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. The Aquarium works wonders for helping him to self calm and relax. So we kind of got it together and we've been keeping fish for almost 7 years now. It's a great hobby to share, it's become great family time.
We named the Placo Eddie Fisher and every fish since then has been given a name.
We lost Eddy to ick 5 years later, along with the entire community tank he was in. It was really rough on all of us. He was very special. he would come up to the surface to be petted when we would come over to the tank. I don't mean a touch or two, it was always a good 5-10 min. of petting Eddie, before he'd swim off. I don't think we will ever have another quite like him.

Sometime within the 5-10 years area I had a betta in a bowl named Blueberry, cried when he died. I buried him in my backyard at my old house. What I consider my first real tank is my SW reef, which I started at 18. Got the tank for my birthday, and then the rest of the stuff I got way giftcards to petsmart and stuff the christmas before as well, I had it planned out :)

Now its about 1yr old and all is going fairly well for what knowledge I started with

Back
Top Bottom