How to catch small fish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TropicalChica

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi.. I have 6 guppies in a 40 gallon tank that I want to move and I have tried for 3 days to catch them and I am terrible at it.. I have caught one haha.. it's a planted tank that's pretty established but other than removing the plants and dragon rocks I removed all of the driftwood and random things and I tried during a water change with only about half the water, I was afraid to go lower bc i didnt want my other three fish to suffocate.. I was wondering if anyone has small fish catching tips? Is there some sort of guppy trap I can leave in my tank hahaha I already have the new tank ready with one lonely guppy in it... it's been ready for a week now and I have only managed to get the one fish in it hahaha.

Always hard in planted tanks :)

Sometimes two large nets at feeding time works for me. Other times I’ve done the same and drained the tank down to quarter full but they are pretty good are escaping.

Also having 2 nets but come up from underneath them. You can take off the tops, and light, to have more room. Careful to not pinch them in half. Let them get hungry for a day or 2 and they will be up to the top to scoop out, amedium net in a darker color like black is helpful. The chase them where you want them net small os good.

Back
Top Bottom