How to convince my girlfriend into letting me get a large reef tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardinal3420

Aquarium Advice Freak
Haha I used to have a large reef tank before I moved. Now we live together and I have a 10 gallon and 30 gallon. Any good ideas on how to convince her into a 90 gallon or above?

find a fish she reallt likes,that neds 90 gallons or more

Get her into the hobby. My g/f started off with a 10gal now has a planted 29gal with angelfish. And were now planning a 125+ gal reef tank for when we eventually get our own place.

It will be easier to maintain one 90 than two tanks and that won’t even be fibbing to her.

Start a small reef tank, buy a fish that needs a big reef tank for the small reef tank, and tell her it needs an upgrade! Then small reef tank becomes QT/hospital tank. :) lol. Two tanks in one!

OK i speak from experience here my wife is sort of into fish but not like i am especially the cost of saltwater so when i need to buy a large ticket item i buy her something first then i say oh i wanna get so and so shh tell no one my secret :brows:

Here's what I have so far!

Attachments

• image-1960669416.jpg
    image-1960669416.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2974352531.jpg
    image-2974352531.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 161
  • image-1068138785.jpg
    image-1068138785.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 155
  • image-2308951949.jpg
    image-2308951949.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 177
  • image-440404368.jpg
    image-440404368.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 179
  • image-2131541807.jpg
    image-2131541807.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 161
  • image-4240358182.jpg
    image-4240358182.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 145
Just go buy it!!! MEN DO WHAT THEY WANT BOYS DO WHAT THEY CAN !!! lol

RICH305 said:
Just go buy it!!! MEN DO WHAT THEY WANT BOYS DO WHAT THEY CAN !!! lol

But gentlemen are respectful of their wives, and involve them in big decisions. Especially those that are financial. :) just sayin. And gentlemen get what they want without hurting anybody. ;) I like the dinner/gift idea. But cook the meal at home so you can save money... And it'll make it more special. :)

Speaking from a woman who loves fish's point of view, don't pressure her. Gifts are whatever, but understanding what she is thinking is the most important thing. Why doesn't she want it? Is it a reasonable excuse? See what's she would like, and move on from there.

Homedog98 said:
But gentlemen are respectful of their wives, and involve them in big decisions. Especially those that are financial. :) just sayin. And gentlemen get what they want without hurting anybody. ;) I like the dinner/gift idea. But cook the meal at home so you can save money... And it'll make it more special. :)

Lmao okay.....you won :)

Sssea said:
Speaking from a woman who loves fish's point of view, don't pressure her. Gifts are whatever, but understanding what she is thinking is the most important thing. Why doesn't she want it? Is it a reasonable excuse? See what's she would like, and move on from there.

What if the excuse is unreasonable lol

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Which is what I do. My wife cant make take fish back. I just say sorry, they dont take fish back.

Bige said:
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Which is what I do. My wife cant make take fish back. I just say sorry, they dont take fish back.

He he that's how I got my 10g up and running as I said earlier, snuck all the bits into the house and set it up and then it was too late lol. Now all I have to do is explain to the old fart how a 2 footer has suddenly appeared in the house! Not going to be easy but it was a bargain (£10.50 on eBay and only 5 miles from my house, I couldn't leave it there!) so I guess I'll ride out the wrath :D

I'd agree with a few of the recent posts, let her pick out some fish and get one that you like that is small and will require a larger tank once it grows. Then either let her have the small tank for her 'own' aquarium, or they can move in with your new one :)

and a gift never hurt anyone ;)

I think it greatly depends on her, depending on what kind of woman she is will determine what route to go. If she's soft and kind-hearted, def go with a nice, romantic evening out. If she can't stay mad at you for long, simply buy it and include herin the stocking,decor choices. Whatever you do, make sure you include her once the tank is bought, if you don't, her patience will run out quickly

Bige said:

Now this is a smart man!!

Back
Top Bottom