Hurricane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far it poured for like 30 minutes earlier but otherwise its bright, sunny and hot here in florida. :)

carey said:
So far it poured for like 30 minutes earlier but otherwise its bright, sunny and hot here in florida. :)

Y'all are lucky this time.I'm in Newport News,Va so I think I might need mine.

Going out after work to Home Depot to see if i can rent one for the weekend!

I have a 2 hour generator that I will upgrade later on, but it doesn't really matter, as I have no fish yet :)

In Central Jersey, Don't have a generator, hope my fish will be ok without it...

No more rain here in Florida but the winds kicking up something fierce. Bet the surfers are having a field day out here. lol

Anyone else getting rain or winds yet?

Aside from coastal NC & NJ members ...the Long Island members will really get nice and hammered ... it's basically heading right towards us. Unfortunately much of L.I. south of Sunrise Hwy (for my fellow L.I. members) is fairly close to sea-level. The last track I saw had the worst case scenario ... the eye making landfall to my west, which puts most of L.I.'s shores in the storm surge zone.

BTW ... any of you lower manhattan members have to also keep an eye out ... if the eye hits where it's tracked ... the geography of LI and NJ will funnel the storm surge right into NY Bay.

Down in Homestead we got a little rain, and thats it, barely any wind. Say a prayer for the Bahamas, they got it really bad.

I'm so glad I moved off LI.....

If it goes over NYC, it's going to make a mess :banghead:

Last hurricane to directly hit NYC....1821. No subways, tunnels, electric, etc.

Plus, there is a new moon on the 28th so tides will be higher than normal to begin with....

Does anyone know what Monday is? The answer is a little spooky :ermm:

I'm in Hampton, VA with no generator. I'm hoping my tank will be stable enough without power for (what I'm estimating to be) a week or more.

JoeyPB said:
I'm in Hampton, VA with no generator. I'm hoping my tank will be stable enough without power for (what I'm estimating to be) a week or more.

Sorry ,I don't have a cord long enough from NN.

[Moderator edit]. There probably aren't any extension cords left in all of Hampton Roads either. The stores are bare.

I'm thinking I'll be okay. My temp shouldn't get too low and I can easily keep it from getting too hot and I'll do water changes if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeyPB said:
[moderator edit]. There probably aren't any extension cords left in all of Hampton Roads either. The stores are bare.

I'm thinking I'll be okay. My temp shouldn't get too low and I can easily keep it from getting too hot and I'll do water changes if need be.

Just make sure to agitate the water every so often ,if you lose power of course.
Good luck this weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in norfolk va. I bought some
Battery powered air pumps. The batteries cost twice as much as they did Lowes and Walmart both had no batteries whatsoever but the only thing I'm worried about is no heater on my discus tank.

I have one of those battery powered air pumps that turn on automatically if power is lost. If it hits us here on long island hard, I expect to be very busy and not home. Good luck to all in the path.

I have one of those battery powered air pumps that turn on automatically if power is lost. If it hits us here on long island hard, I expect to be very busy and not home. Good luck to all in the path.

Remember Gloria? That was similar in strength and we lost power for almost 2 weeks.

The ground is saturated already, and there is another 6"-12" of rain on the way....Timber! :hide:

Back
Top Bottom