I am depressed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natedogg569

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So here in Wisconsin, it was a lame Summer for storms. I wanted two types of storms. One where it is a nice steady rain ALL day, no stop. The other is a nice thunderstorm ALL day, no stop. We haven't had any, it is too sunny. Sometimes I just like rainy Sundays because oddly, they make me happy.

The past couple days up here in New Hampshire we have had a couple good thunder storms... Woke me up the other night, lit up our whole house! I was hoping we didn't lose power because our generator is 45 mins away and I don't want to lose any fish!

Haha guys thats better then cali!!! For the last week and a half or so the temp has been from 95-104 and it wont go down..... Have any of you guys played a tennis tourniment when its 100 degrees???? The court makes it 10 degrees hotter.... Horrible...

Long story short im PRAYING for rain!!

I love it. Took the dogs out last night too and was
Hoping I didn't get hit by lightning! The skies looked like they were straight out of a photo gallery...

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha guys thats better then cali!!! For the last week and a half or so the temp has been from 95-104 and it wont go down..... Have any of you guys played a tennis tourniment when its 100 degrees???? The court makes it 10 degrees hotter.... Horrible...

Long story short im PRAYING for rain!!

Nor Cal or So Cal? What kind of humidity you dealing with Nu? Ever been to New Hampshire in July? Humid as all H. E. double hockey sticks lol!

So cal! And i dont know the humidity... But all i know is that its 8 o clock at night and in sweating just typing this message! Lol

I DID have fish stew!! Tank reached 87 and it was always around 84, but then the chiller got goin... Now its around 79! Any hotter then 87 and i would have had foxface sushi with a side clown-cakes and maybe some engineer goby noodles.
Lol

No chiller needed for this guy! AC is set to 74 in the summer, heat is at 67 in the winter!

67 in the winter??!! No way!! Keep my house 72 all year long. Still cold sometimes in winter at 72, but hubby gets hot, so can't turn it up more. Used to live in Minnesota-talk about a place that gets cold!! Ugh!

Here in Nebraska we've been nipped with storms this summer. Although, yesterday morning it was 55 and rain.

No chiller needed for this guy! AC is set to 74 in the summer, heat is at 67 in the winter!

LOL at 67 being cold in a house.

I never let the heat get above 62 here in the Winter. (Central WI) Very comfortable.

The programmable thermostat drops it to 50 at night, it stays there until 5pm, then goes to 62, then back down to 50 at 10pm. We use a heated blanket at night, works great, super cheap to run. The cold air makes for a very nice sleep.

Our local newsgroup has a thread where we all see how long we can go before we turn the heat on in Fall. Some have made it to near Thanksgiving by letting the house warm during the day with the sun, then sealing it shut all night.

So here in Wisconsin, it was a lame Summer for storms. I wanted two types of storms. One where it is a nice steady rain ALL day, no stop. The other is a nice thunderstorm ALL day, no stop. We haven't had any, it is too sunny. Sometimes I just like rainy Sundays because oddly, they make me happy.

What area are you in? The Northern counties are getting an ok amount of rain. South of Hwy 29 has been dry as a bone.

I'm up in Wausau, it has rarely rained up here as well. Very dry.

Back
Top Bottom