I haven't been around much this week...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
... because Monday afternoon I was driving home from work and I totaled my car. :evil: Ugh, I was so upset about it, I really enjoyed driving it (98 Toyota Corolla) especially since it got about 35 mpg! Well, at least everyone was ok, and I actually didn't even cause damage to the truck I rear-ended 8O but the front end of my car was decimated. What a pain in the butt! I've been racking up minutes on my cell phone because I can't be reached at work otherwise, but I had to deal with it during work hours because the Indy claims office for my insurance co. closes at 4:00! I looked all over the place for used cars, since my crappy job doesn't even pay me enough to make a car payment while I'm working to put my BF through school, but I really didn't find much within 150 miles of here. On the other hand, the pressure was on to move quickly, because the insurance co. wants me out of the rental car asap. :roll:

I feel really awful about the wreck because my dad just spent $600 getting all new tires for it, and getting the 100,000 mile tune up (which, if you've ever owned a Toyota, you know that's all the maintenance you ever have to do), and then I totaled it. :roll: Even worse, my dad just had to give me about $3000 in addition to the money I got for the value of the car just to get something worth buying that will be reliable. It really feels terrible to be out of college for 3 years now with 2 bachelors degrees and still have to bum a bunch of money off your parents!!! :oops:

Well the good news is, since the prices even for used cars seemed to be really high around here, my parents ended up finding me a car in Houston, which I will be picking up in Nashville next weekend. I got a '99 Toyota Camry with almost every option, and it even has a remote starter and an alarm system. :D But the best part is, it only has 65,000 miles, so I know it will be super reliable for a long time. :D

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant! This week has been a real PITA, but on the other hand, it's cool to get a new car. :)

Sorry to hear about the accident and the insurance nightmares. LOL I run an autobody shop so I deal with that stuff for people on a daily basis. At least you have a new and upgraded car and no one is hurt!

Thanks guys! I'm totally fine. The airbags didn't even deploy, I don't think I was even going 30 mph. The truck I rear-ended had a trailer hitch, and that is what obliterated my front end. :oops: But, you know... what a week. :roll:

Oh my gosh. I'm really glad to hear you are ok. I was in an accident years ago and it was really scary.

silly hitch! I'm glad to hear that everyone was okay. Your new car sounds pretty exciting. How is it getting from Houston to Nashville? (not driving itself, i hope! :D )

How is it getting from Houston to Nashville? (not driving itself, i hope! )
My mom is making the 15 hour drive and then flying home.

Quote:

while I'm working to put my BF through school

This is just wrong, Make him get a job and put himself through school. I'm glad your ok also.
He does have a job. It's only part time due to being a full time student. I didn't explain myself that well- it's like I'm working for 1 1/2 people instead of just for myself. Really the problem is that the job market here is absolutely terrible, and at the same time the cost of living is very high. I know that the jobs we have would pay a lot more elsewhere- that's why we will be moving when he graduates in May. I can't wait to leave. I really am tired of living here.

I have family in Louisville, so I was thinking about moving there. We've been looking around, and there seems to be tons of jobs there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom