Ideas brought on by fish keeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gemach7

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thought this the best place to put some things that come to mind after keeping fish and herps.

1) anyone ever hooked up their lights heaters and in my case misters as well that connect to a weather app for the area where the animals are located? So instead of slowly changing the settings each day to try to create "a season" they are created by the system doing for you. Or anyone come up with a way that would be similar in thought if not as exact.

2) what size (in gallons) outdoor pond would be required to successfully keep a salt water pond. With the addition of rain, TDS from debris, and evaporation. Not tropical in nature but for temperate marine life. Wondering how large this would have to be to overcome these obstacles

3) has anyone created a two system tank, to clarify:
Below aquarium with fish heater filter and such and mangrove roots.

Above sealed from below system except the mangrove stalks. A herp that is provided humidity by evaporation from tank via fans and hoses and living area within mangroves. Mangroves provide nitrate removal from tank below.

Sounds expensive and not really a goal of mine just curiosity if anyone had tried lol.

4). Anyone involved with local wildlife officials in their area for captive breeding of fish that are in decline in their respective area. Not really something I am thinking of doing but sounds interesting and as a child we had a sea turtle as part of a program like this that was to released upon reaching a prespecified size.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom