IF USPS does not get the hint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am shipping my betta tomorrow and having one box get wrecked by them (The fish was fine BTW just her box was wrecked). So I really let them know lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have you tried uploading the image to a third party picture webpage like Photobucket?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A person i know overnighted a box of discus and answered the door before ups knocked. The guy spun the box around in his hand and handed the package to her...

the trick to mailing out a box with usps is not to plaster fragile all over the box . 99% of the time it will arrive not damaged
my wife's a carrier and gets chewed out because she delivers smashed boxes plastered with fragile stickers she received that way, the ones not plastered with stickers arrive just fine ,

hate to say it but fragile has a new definition "Smash , Drop , Kick"

It's hit or miss. I had a box of shrimp delivered last week, clearly marked on all 4 sides-live fish, handle with care, fragile, etc-yet it arrived looking like someone stomped on it. Our carrier is so nice, she actually brought it to the door and apologized for whatever had happened to it.

I order 99% of my fish, shrimp, and supplies online so I'm always stressed about what condition packages will arrive in....

Ask any fish vendor on aquabid, and they will tell you that a box labeled "fragile" or "live fish" is more likely to get damaged or severely delayed in transit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You also denied that there were any live animals or liquids in the box you were shipping.....
That would be what I implied and said out loud when I said with no markings......
Your point is ........
My point is the box labled clearly arrived.
Your point is ........

That would be what I implied and said out loud when I said with no markings......
Your point is ........
My point is the box labled clearly arrived.
Your point is ........

Well they X ray your box. When they can't get a good reading on your box they open it to check. They end up confiscating the contents because they were shipped in a container was marked as having no liquids or live animals.

Then they send you the box top just for the lulz

Well they X ray your box. When they can't get a good reading on your box they open it to check. They end up confiscating the contents because they were shipped in a container was marked as having no liquids or live animals.

Then they send you the box top just for the lulz
Sorry to side track the OPs post but....
They (the PS I sent from ) said that the foil faced insulation was not the problem and seemed really surprised how my whole deal went down.
The fact that my package made it from NY to MASS then to GA before NOT getting to LA leads me to believe that xray played no factor in this .
I think it was mentioned in thread.....

post_old.gif
08-03-2015, 07:43 PM #38 coralbandit
Aquarium Advice Addict

clear.gif

potm_champ.png

Sent two packages this am!:flowers:
White foam not foil faced,labled live fish.:angel:
The woman at ps asked if I needed any special handling and had no other questions?:blink:
She was very surprised my other box did not make it and said the foil faced foam should not have been the problem???:confused:
Then she said I should file claim online for full $50 (after asking what my fish would cost to replace).:eek:
I will see how this all turns out.:whistle:
She seemed surprised the box made it from Mass to Ga only to be returned with no water damage on the top....:fish2:
She seemed even more surprised when I said the package is still being tracked.:eek:
IT IS STILL BEING TRACKED TODAY( ask Poppa as he has the first tracking number and even 1 minute ago it is still somewhere between Mass and destination!!!)
banghead%20-%20Copy.gif

I do like butting heads with you though!:banghead:
More fun then work IMO!(y)

Where are your fish JessiN ?
I have had more success then failure!
In life and with the USPS(more then ironic IMO!!)

Back
Top Bottom