If you live in the northeast!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reading all this from sunny London England. Yeah right I mean grey mild drizzly England

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's the problem, economy, if I moved down south I'd starve..

Texas, Tennessee, and North Carolina have relatively strong economies. And the housing is WAY more reasonable than Massachusetts.

Oregon's economy is terrible. If I wasn't able to work for my company remotely, we probably would've moved by now. (Which reminds me that I need to get back to work!)

Texas, Tennessee, and North Carolina have relatively strong economies. And the housing is WAY more reasonable than Massachusetts.

Oregon's economy is terrible. If I wasn't able to work for my company remotely, we probably would've moved by now. (Which reminds me that I need to get back to work!)

Fair enough, I like it here anyways. I'll complain about the cold in the winter and I'll complain about the heat in the summer.. spring and fall are amazing though!! Housing is insane here, good for my business bad for for my life haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do sometimes complain but I actually really do enjoy the northeast. Fall is still my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fall in the Northeast is breathtaking.

And while I complain about our endless gray skies in the late fall and winter, it's sunny every day from late June through September here, with highs in the mid-80s and lows in the mid-50s. Humidity is sometimes in the teens in July and August.

I love the NE except January-March when I curse it and swear I am moving south every year. About February is when I get on the housing sights and start house hunting in FL,NC,SC. April I start taking deep breaths and say "this isn't so bad".

CT here. Excited for the snow! I made sure to live near important places so I've never lost power for more than a few hours. Last time it got bad I think it was 15 days no power for people further out in my area.

Ahhh now I'm enjoying this thread, here is the current office view. Lol this is usually a view of the East Side of Manhattan

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1422299210598.jpg
    1422299210598.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 86
Good luck over there. Wisconsin here and we only got about 2 inches but 1 or 2 more on the way. Hope your fish make it! Stay safe.

That's the problem, economy, if I moved down south I'd starve..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You'd think that. My sis and her husband make less than me and her, have a better house with a pool and go on vacation like every 3 weeks. And they have a kid we dont. Tax tax tax up here... Another forum tho

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I live right outside of Manhattan NYC, so far so good here. Snow is starting to accumulate but nothing too serious yet. Tonight is when we are expecting the worst

stay safe everyone. Take your time shoveling and don't over do it

And then there's Vancouver, rain about 200 days of the year :/. Hope all goes smooth over there.

I grew up in CT and at the age of 19 joined the military and saw the world while doing other things I can't speak of. I spent about 6 months retracing my steps after I got out and came back home to CT. Wouldn't trade this weather for the rest of the world.

Blizzard warning in effect. Travel ban in place. Being in my line of work, the warning doesn't scare me and I'm exempt from the travel ban. I'm all set for whatever may or may not come because we all know two meteorologists are never in agreement. Nor are they reliable. And right now, my bug out bag is jealous of my truck.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Sooo glad I left NYC for Florida. It was 64*F here today. Be safe, and take care of yourselves up there!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

It was 11 here in mass hahaha

Sent from inside my fish tank

I grew up in CT and at the age of 19 joined the military and saw the world while doing other things I can't speak of. I spent about 6 months retracing my steps after I got out and came back home to CT. Wouldn't trade this weather for the rest of the world.

Blizzard warning in effect. Travel ban in place. Being in my line of work, the warning doesn't scare me and I'm exempt from the travel ban. I'm all set for whatever may or may not come because we all know two meteorologists are never in agreement. Nor are they reliable. And right now, my bug out bag is jealous of my truck.

Thank you for your service treemanone

Sent from inside my fish tank

agree with fishy, ty for your service tree. I agree home is where the heart is..I would love warmer weather but it just wouldn't be the same

Thanks for keeping not only the USA safe but everywhere. :)

I agree I would hate living in place without my +30 summers and -40
Winters. It's the wide variety ad weather that I love Saskatchewan for. I like the winter more then summer.

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

prepare yourself now for the possibility of an extended power outage. We are expecting 24-36 inches of snow between today and tomorrow.

Do a large water change tonight.

If you have generators start them up and make sure they run! Get enough gas to last you a few days.

If you don't have a generator get yourself some battery powered air pumps to oxygenate the water, very important!!

If you can't get a battery powered air pump agitate the water with a wooden spoon.

Float water bottles with hot water in them in the aquarium. Will help keep the temp. up

wrap blankets around your tanks, it will help keep the heat in.

good luck guys, and hopefully all of our fish make it through just fine:fish1:

Im glad i waited to set my tank up til next weekend ?

We are expect to get considerably less up here in Vt though.

All set have air pumps set up with fresh batteries and blankets and bubble wrap on stand by and did water changes yesterday :).

5 gallon planted(1m/2f guppy and 2 ADFs)
10 gallon planted divided Betta(1 male and 1 female)

Back
Top Bottom