I'm a goner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I wanted to tell you all that I have lost my mind. Most of you know that I am currently unemployed. You may not know that I am nesting and want a puppy. Keep in mind that we are moving back to the states at the end of March. Trevor has told me to not buy anything big and to go through my stuff--we need to move only what is necessary and of course the animals :D
Saturday, I bought 23 baby outfits that were on sale for $2.50 each. Some were from Kids R Us, Gerber and Disney. Yesterday, I was at the mall to get my watch fixed. The maternity store was having a sale. I tried on maternity clothes with the "pregnancy pillow." I bought two skirts, two pairs of pants, two tops, a little sweater and a baby cap. Trevor actually didn't mind that since we do want children...eventually.
Today I went to the LFS for airline tubing and came home with two new friends. I wanted to tell you all about my new friends before Trevor gets home and kills me. Right now, I can't tell them apart, but they are Degu1 and Degu2. They are everything I want out of a rodent. They actually sit still!! I love my gerbils, but there's something missing with them. We just haven't bonded well enough :( So, here I sit with a Degu under my ponytail wondering just what Trevor will say (hey—at least I didn’t buy the cute black and tan puppy). I am so dead, it was nice knowing all of you.

Menagerie, have you seen that Visa commercial where all of the pairs of shoes follow the girl home like stray puppies? That excuse can cover you for the degus. Tell Trevor that you have your hair down (not in a pony tail) at the pet store, and that they must have jumped underneath and followed you home :D

As for the baby clothes...well, I'm of no help to you there. I almost ran away from a baby this morning...don't think I'm quite there yet :D

have you seen that Visa commercial where all of the pairs of shoes follow the girl home like stray puppies?
Yes I have!!! The Degus did go in my shirt while at the store :D

Oh my Menagerie! I've put in a call to have the RCMP on standby. The clothes can be "hidden" can't they? Just tell him that the very "large" bag contains your "unmentionables". As for the pets, I totally agree with Sara. These things happen to all of us don't they? There's also a commercial of a can of Chef Boy Ardee Ravioli following a little girl home too. :wink:

Look at it this way, you saved those poor little guys from a sad, sad life in the pet store. And really you cant pass up good deals when they are that good. Good luck! :D

Girl, you got it bad!! :D

Call 'em chinchillas and explain how exotic and desirable they are, and they will bring you good luck and fertility - no problem. I see nothing amiss in your behavior, makes perfect sense to me. :)

Awww, degus are awesome. I always wanted some myself. Congrats on the new additions. Can't wait to see the pics. Hopefully Trevor takes it well. :D

Somebody owes somebody big time. I can here it now.....

Honey you know that <insert whatever> you have been wanting? Well I was thinking.......

If you were a guy I'd say you better have flowers. Good Luck!

Since I'm female, I have better things than flowers :oops:
Trevor took it well. Maybe it has not sunk in yet. He just smiled as the degu borrowed into my hair and he commented that the tip of it's tail is missing. Actually both of the degus have the tips missing. They are about 2 months old. I will post pics as soon as I can find the cable-thing.

This is an incredible turning point. A man "taking it well". And smiling at that :lol:
Glad to hear things are working out at least for the time being. Who knows...he may come to love them just as much as the others :wink:

What will the gerbils have to say about this? 8O

(I still can't get over the maternity clothes - do you have anything to TELL us, Menagerie???)

Man, you've lost it... you know, I think the word "nesting" is just something women came up with as another excuse to spend money... That's the good thing about being online, none of you can throw anything at me for saying something like that :D
So where in the states are you moving too? I want to say you posted it somewhere but I really can't remember. Will you be able to make it across the border with all those animals :lol:

Nesting is totally real! *throws tomato at Millipede* :splat:

When I was first pregnant with my first I totally went into nesting mode - and it was not about spending, it was about creating a special space and "preparing." I could not believe what I was doing, nor could I stop it.

Pack up the clothes and stuff and put them in mailing envelopes. When you move, mail them to yourself, like parcel post so it takes forever, and then you'll get them in the mail and say, "Oh, look what cousin Emma sent me, her old maternity outfits." :lol:

I am gonna see her tonight .... i will make sure she isn't knocked up. Those degu;s sorta look like chincillas.

dgd.gif

Here are my new babies!

Attachments

• degu3.jpg
    degu3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 303
  • degu2.jpg
    degu2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 124
  • degu1.jpg
    degu1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 277