I'm quite bummed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianNY

Aquarium Advice Addict
For months I've been looking forward to attending the American Cichlid Associations National meeting in Denver. It's taking place right now.

Last Saturday, in the middle of a golf swing, I wrenched my back. By Sunday I couldn't get out of bed. :cry: . Well, I had to fly to Pittsburgh on Wednesday. The flight there and back was unbearable as sitting is the most uncomfortable for me. I decided if I was in that much pain on a 1 hour flight, than 4+ hours was more than I could handle. I decided to cancel Denver.

Now of course, the muscles in my back are no longer in spasm. I feel as good as new. I wish I had gone to the ACA.

That does suck, but hey.. at least you're not in pain anymore.

Well I am sorry that our "roving correspondent" was unable to attend, but you know how these things go - if you had gotten on that plane you would have been in dire pain the whole time, LOL.

I share your disappointment at being unable to go myself - I think it would be just about like heaven - but we'll have to try again next year. :)

The engineers that come up with airplanee designs should study some BIOLOGY before atempting to design somthing suited to human beings to be in for hours.
I go to Brazil very other summer and I know the pain - 15 hours total each way, between here and Chicago and from there to Sao Paulo.
I can't imagine being in one of those torture machines with an injury. You did well in canceling, had you gone, you would have been much worse by now. :wink:

I was wondering if the back problems kept you from going. Sorry to hear that. Take it easy on the links from now on :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom