Importing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PassengerTN

Aquarium Advice Addict
My father is visiting in-laws in Guatemala for the next few weeks. How difficult would it be for him to ship me live/wild caught fish? Anyone done this?

Jesse

My father is visiting in-laws in Guatemala for the next few weeks. How difficult would it be for him to ship me live/wild caught fish? Anyone done this?

Jesse

I think that someone on here did something similar a few years back and all in all the amount of approvals, customs checks, and the cost of shipping live animals across continents simply proved not worth the effort. You could try but it is extremely difficult.

Dang, that's a shame it's so difficult but I guess its for good reason. Was hoping it wouldn't be too difficult or expensive, as there is a lot of stunning fish native to Guatemala. Trimacs, Grammodes, Pearsei, Cutteri, parachromis friedrichsthalii, Paraneetroplus melanurus..just to name a few cichlids! Not to mention freshwater goby's, rays, catfish etc

Jesse

Back
Top Bottom