income tax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deli_conker

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so my federal refund got deposited today. I look at my bank account and I have enough money to buy a killer tank setup. I'm talking about 180 gal with stand, filters (wet/dry, baby), all the fixin's and tons of african cichlids.

Talk about temptation...

Grats on your return, still waiting on mine...how long did yours take?

If your not going to set up that killer system...what are you gonna do with the money?

Thats insane. I got my W-2 yesterday. Wife hasnt gotten hers yet and just this week we got some of our interest paid info from the bank, etc. Probably be another few weeks till we can file.

I've already filed, a few weeks ago. Just found out my federal return has been deposited. I'd love to buy a new large system but, we are putting up a new fence with ours.

I filed electronically on the 14th and received direct deposit today.

I want to get a camcorder before my kids get too big. A new bed. Some better organizational furniture for my cramped apartment. A few other things as well. It just goes too fast...

Deli-conker , you must be self-employed (I don't know anyone who got their W2's yet) and you probably e-filed.

Go for the new tank - that's what tax refunds are for! :D

As for me, I'm wondering if I can deduct all my fish and mice as dependents. :twisted: They DO depend upon me, am I wrong? :twisted:

youronlysin said:
Still havent gotten my W2s yet either. No matter, more than likely I'll only have enough to buy a 12 pack to drown my sorrows with. :drinking:

You should find someone else to do your taxes then... i bet I could get you at LEAST a full case! :wink:

Not self employed, but I do work for a fairly small company who employs another company to take care of payroll. Plus I had only worked at this one place and only needed a single w-2 this year...

I don't even want to think about taxes. We've been in Canada for a year. Who gets our tax money? Can I have it all back :lol:

Hopefully we can recarpet the basement with our return. Hopefully as we have never had huge refunds. But this is the first year with a child so we will have to see what happens.

As for me, I'm wondering if I can deduct all my fish and mice as dependents. They DO depend upon me, am I wrong?
Just make sure you put their scientific names on the 1040 to throw them off track :p

I do taxes as a second job this time of year and I have efiled at least 50 people already. You can't deduct your fish unless you own a fish store and they are part of the job..ha ha. Nice idea though.

To answer earlier inquiries..it takes 10-14 days normally when efiled.

As the Qshark said, What is this re-thing? re-fund? You mean you actually get some of the money back you paid in taxes?

Hey FF, don't count on a HUGE difference with the new child unless you qualify for an EIC. I had my third child on Dec 31st (just in time) and I still anticipate paying....ALOT

enjoy your refunds, for those who get them.

R-

Well for each child under 17 you get 1000 bucks plus the extra exemption of 3100..not too bad.
For the rest of us not getting EIC, you can only hope to get back according to what is withheld. With the new tax tables this year, withholdings went down. I rather have my money as I make it. BUT if I do get a refund, I will spend it on my fish :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom