Is This a Good Deal? What Would You Pay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flipmikeskater3

Aquarium Advice Freak
125 gallon All-Glass fisk tank, All-Glass pine stand, 400 watt VisiTherm heater, 2 Eheim 2217 canister filters, Aquaclear 110 filter, 30ft Python hose kit. (the filters alone cost me $350)

This is for the full setup, gravel, $200+ in Malaysian driftwood, nets, chemical, spare filters, plants lots of extras. I literally have boxes of extra aquarium supplies I will throw in. I used to have 6 tanks, from 55-180g.

Comes with these fish too... bunch of silver dollars I had for about 8 years, a large Raphael cat (the biggest Ive seen in person) Ive had him for 9 years. 1 Black red tailed shark, 1 chocolate rhino plec, 3 clown loaches 4+ inches, I used to have 7 but lost 4 over the years, I had these guys for 10 or 11 years, and a 2 year old synspilum this tank and stand are about 4.5 years old. The light ballast are pretty new and the 2 Ehiem canisters are maybe 3 years old.

I'm gonna buy this from Craigslist just want to see if it's as good deal as I think.
So what would you guys pay for everything?!

Attachments

• image-279646265.jpg
    image-279646265.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 74
Well the dw and gravel and stuff really don't factor into price for me. The fish I'd have to rehome so that doesn't affect price much either, for me. The heater is good.

I'd probably offer 200 and go up to 250 Max if I really liked it.

Well he was asking 600 for everything, I talked him down to 450 which I personally think is reasonable because it's exactly what I've been looking for. But I don't want to get it if its not a really good deal you know

I don't know about your area but here (pittsburgh area) tanks are harder to find and generally on the higher side but a 125 full setup is pretty easy to find for around $500 all day long which is reasonable but if you want it to be a deal its very possible to get something very similar to that setup in the $200-$300 range

I just got a 180 reef ready tank for 200. I agree that the gravel etc doesn't matter I wouldn't reuse any of that stuff. Even the fish. Try to transport 100gallons of livestock. The buckets and lids are expensive. If i had any advice to give it would be to find the tanks on Craigslist everything else lfs or Internet

Reefnoob84 said:
I just got a 180 reef ready tank for 200. I agree that the gravel etc doesn't matter I wouldn't reuse any of that stuff. Even the fish. Try to transport 100gallons of livestock. The buckets and lids are expensive. If i had any advice to give it would be to find the tanks on Craigslist everything else lfs or Internet

+1 for the most part I only use CL for equipment although rock is also a good thing to look for other then the possibility of copper

Where are you located that could help a lot to give you a good estimate..the more remote and lower general income areas will have less people keeping aquariums which will hike up the prices compared to LA California having many available tanks for sale lowering the prices

Mrc8858 said:
+1 for the most part I only use CL for equipment although rock is also a good thing to look for other then the possibility of copper

+1 on the rock! Copper not cool. Most people who keep reef tanks and sell the rock know better than to use the cu in a reef tank.

Well I wanted just a tank and stand and filters, so I guess the driftwood and gravel etc. will be just be a bonus, and I will be able to keep about half and trade the other half of the fish to the lfs for credit, I just wish I can talk him down alittle bit more

Remember the deal ain't done til you hand him/her the money which I've found once your there in person you've got some leverage with cash in hand..good thing to do is check the date and see how long they've been trying to sell (longer the better for you)

Mrc8858 said:
Remember the deal ain't done til you hand him/her the money which I've found once your there in person you've got some leverage with cash in hand..good thing to do is check the date and see how long they've been trying to sell (longer the better for you)

Well I live in Omaha Ne and I've been looking around a bit and a new 125 with stand and lights is running 1100 at my LFS and other than that I can't even find any large tanks around me And im kinda weary about ordering one from online, so I think I may just go for it and maybe offer alittle less when I go to pick it up

Back
Top Bottom