Java moss look dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NonExistant

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I ordered some java moss online and I quickly added the moss to my aquarium but it look really brown with some dark green.

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

Does the java moss still have hope for survival ?

Sometimes it goes brown and recovers. Not always. Personally I would take some tank water, fill a jar and put it in good sunlight and try to recover it.

That looks mostly dead.

Try for a refund.

I have some Java Moss that was removed from my tank and put in a vase which I forgot outside and overnght temps were freezing for a few days. There were a few dots of green and it is mostly dead and looks like that, but any of the green live pieces can grow. It is still in the vase a couple months later and there are a few more very small parts of green coming along.

Probable not worth the time to grow from that small amount. Though you could try bright window not too much direct sun at first perhaps, it might need to get used to brighter and brighter light.

Also when you do get more. You dont want it right on top of anything it will swallow it

That looks mostly dead.

Try for a refund.

I have some Java Moss that was removed from my tank and put in a vase which I forgot outside and overnght temps were freezing for a few days. There were a few dots of green and it is mostly dead and looks like that, but any of the green live pieces can grow. It is still in the vase a couple months later and there are a few more very small parts of green coming along.

Probable not worth the time to grow from that small amount. Though you could try bright window not too much direct sun at first perhaps, it might need to get used to brighter and brighter light.

Yep I just removed it from the tank but I could not take all the little pieces out. Thank you so much for the advice.

Attachments

• IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom