Just makes me sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
contest of killing sharks?

What the heck is that about. I hate it when people think you can just kill an animal like that because it doesnt have feelings or its too stupid....... well i think some people are stupid but i don't think its right to kill them.

I have no problem with hunting (I could never do it though), fishing, what have you if you are using the meat for food, clothing, etc... I am SO against hunting only for sport. I just don't see how its fun to kill something. Its pretty late so I only scanned the article, but one of the scientists said they depend on the tournament to get subjects for their studies. They NEED 50 sharks at a time?? Some how I doubt that.

I have no problem with hunting (I could never do it though), fishing, what have you if you are using the meat for food, clothing, etc... I am SO against hunting only for sport.
Agree 100%.
but one of the scientists said they depend on the tournament to get subjects for their studies. They NEED 50 sharks at a time??
Killing a 12-14ft 1200 lb Tiger Shark is good for nothing other than grabbing media attention and maybe feeding some hungry testoterone levels.
Why not tag and release? A shark that old, I'm sure they could learn much from in this way.
I gotta get some sleep, this really got me going. :roll:

So,its against the law to make pitbulls and chickens fight, but its a-ok to have sharks fight, aired on TV no less.
That is the most disgusting thing imaginable.

What person comes up with this?? Prolly the same person who came up with the idea to make eating an official sport.

I'm glad someone is taking a stand to this. It just supports (and breeds) more hate towards living, breathing things... regardless if they are in the water or on land.

:evil: And they're trying to justify this useless killing in the name of SCIENCE!!!

They are creatures that have been around much longer than us; and deserve our respect as they are such intelligent creatures.

is not it against the law 8O ........
That is wrong!

Many people do not respect such creature because of the natural instict i.e. to attack no matter animal or human. More people are attacked by house hold animals even fish lol than what they are off sharks!

BTW I know it is not exactly, what we are talking about but it is a shark.
In one of my recent magazines I bought it says that " The Red Tailed Black sharks (Freshwater) are now extinct in the wild, due in part to over-fishing for the aquarium trade" I know its different as these sharks can be bred in captivity and well those huge tiger sharks could not. But it just goes to show how much humans are effecting sharks and other wild animals.

I dive with sharks from time to time and they are not the monsters that the media makes them out to be. This was from 2 weeks ago in Turks and Caicos. They are beautiful creatures and definately the highlight of the dive. :) So smooth and sleek in the water and very much needed in our oceans.

Attachments

• shark_790.jpg
    shark_790.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 29
Wow I have all ways wanted to go diving, I think I would be to scared though LOL
Great Pic (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom