Kids and fish - horror stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha maybe! He was a batchelor so i bet after a good night he and his buddies just threw in a few beer bottles! Probably without even washing them out!! Hahahah fish swimming in alcohol

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hahaha maybe! He was a batchelor so i bet after a good night he and his buddies just threw in a few beer bottles! Probably without even washing them out!! Hahahah fish swimming in alcohol

Poor things! Some people use alcohol as a humane way of killing fish so...

Better watch the Dempsey and the Pleco..they might end up with alcohol withdrawal symptoms....

Haha i actually couldnt keep the fish because they were sooooo massive! Haha and ya i bet they were swimming in circles for a few days when put in clean water! Haha

The guy said the jack dempsy had killed all of his other fish besides the foot and a half pleco! Haha thats a meeeaaann fish

My friend's son thought that his goldfish looked hungry and that the tank looked dirty.So he dropped in a packet of cornflakes and a bar of soap.
Oops no more goldfish!!!!

Ive got a couple of horror stories just from work...

On little girl shook the heck out of her fish bag because she wanted to see if it really killed the fish, like in Finding Nemo. She was like... 6.

Then I had an instance where a little boy thought it was funny to squish his fish in the corner of a bag. He killed one and mortally wounded another before his mom realized what he was doing. Again... he was a little older than Id expect a kid that does that to be... Probably almost 8. The one fish was squished so bad its head was almost severed from its body, and the one one had its spine snapped. It was so pitiful. Had I been that mom, I wouldnt have bought him any more. But he threw a fit so she did.

Ive got a couple of horror stories just from work...

But he threw a fit so she did.

A former co-worker of mine said it best. There are two people with whom you never negotiate...terrorists and kids.

And of course... I come back from the bathroom to find my daughter put cheerios in my 5 gallon betta tank.

"(daughter)! Why did you do that?!"
"....I sharin'!"

And of course... I come back from the bathroom to find my daughter put cheerios in my 5 gallon betta tank.

"(daughter)! Why did you do that?!"
"....I sharin'!"

Awww..you WANT them to share :) Now you just have to get her to understand with whom she can share.

im not that old myself, but my friend is a total beta killer! she kept them in a tiny cup, NEVER did a water change, and fed it once every two months! as much as i would try to make sure she did water changes and fed him/her, she wouldn't! every time she got a beta she killed it, leaving it in the container to disintegrate. finally she stopped buying beta's!

Back
Top Bottom