Latest fish tank related purchase..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjldad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Snagged it from a Pawn shop before the last snow here Friday.. 5250watts of water heating power.. :) Well, enough to keep my two tanks happy at least..

bsi525-wr.jpg

I used to have a 15kw that I could plug in to the house and run just about anything.. But life made me sell it last year.. I broke my promise to myself on this one.. I had set my price at $50 per kw... But everything I looked at was pretty run down/wore out.. This one went for $450 with tax.. But looks brand new.. Not as nice as my 15kw, but was about 1/6th the money.. :)

And the comparable units on craigslist are going for the same money.. So what the heck.. If I need to, I don't get killed on it if I need to sell in the future...

all is good when you have backup. have not had to run my gen allmost 2 years. i do let run 15 min every 4 or 5 weeks

This one is borderline for what I want.. I really want a minimum of a 30amp service.. But would love to find another portable 15kw.. There out there somewhere.. :)

Back
Top Bottom