Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mysticalkitten

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 6 silver loaches that i got for my 55 gal tank. They are so good at cleaning food off the plants in small places and the 2 corrycats that i have get along with them as well as my two brissle nose pelcos. The tank has mainly mollys some guppies and two blue gromies.And two big white skirts tetras that needed a home so i took them in. Every one is doing good. Had the fish for months now. The loaches are still new. They hide in the plants cave i have big rocks i made smaller caves. And love flying around the tank at night. And go wild when feeding. Im feeding them flake they eat brine shrip, blood worms all frozen. Sinking shrimp pellets. Is there any thing more they sould eat? I think the can be fater to me they look to thin?

Attachments

• 20191118_013456.jpg
    20191118_013456.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 71
  • 20191118_013501.jpg
    20191118_013501.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 74
They can get big, and probably since they might be young ones they are just needing some good nutrition like you are giving them to do their growing up. I have read they enjoy hiding and slithering in the sand. They are cooler water fish and they are fun to watch!

The place in san diego said they would be ok in my tank its set between 75 and the hotes it gets is 78 in the summer. Every ones going good. Loaches are loveing the plants the caves the ones i got from him are super long mine i got from a fish shop here are half there size but all seem to injoy each other and flying around. Was looking to see if they make loach food but all i see are shrimp pellets and live or frozen?

Hikari omnivore Bottom Feeder wafers orange edge to package and has a Clown Loach on the pack and other bottom feeders. They should like frozen defrosted black and bloodworms too.

Back
Top Bottom