Marine Biology Degree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cookies N Punch

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, I was just wondering if there is anyone in this forum that has a degree in marine bio? Ive always been interested in the ocean and its inhabitants so im thinking about going back to school and getting a degree. I was just wondering how intense it is as far as classes and labs? Also what jobs I could be looking forward to?

im just starting a degree in medicine and a friend is doing one in marine bio. both are pretty heavy on the workload. you only learn about the rough outline in lectures and they expect you to learn all the detail yourself. i think i was told "they teach 30% that allows you to understand the other 70% that you have to go find out yourself". basically although you might not be in lectures all day you will still be at uni studying. they class it as full time education even though its not like school. as for jobs there are lots of choices. when i find them il post some links for you about choosing careers and options.
i have to say do it tho. im a qualified chef and have been for 6 years but i decided to go and retrain. studying is a habit you have to get back into and its tough to be studying again when all your friends are settling down starting families but its so worth it. at least it is now - ask me again when im mid exams! :p

Thanks! Yea I hear ya on that. But im 22 so i got some time. I have my AA in business but the economy sucks right now so theres no point in starting a business right now so mine as well go with something im interested in.

Back
Top Bottom