Micro-Sport Fishing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Obviously terrible.

Fishing is fine but with this "micro-fishing" you'll be catching the same fish over and over with no where for them to escape to. Very harmful and just cruel. Not only that but I can't see much sport or challenge in it.

Ever hear of easy as shooting fish in a barrel?

I do not approve.

lol thats pathetic. theres no sport in that. repeatedly catching the same fish is going to cause them massive stress, not to mention injuring the lips of your aquarium PETS. these fish are accustomed to eating the same food and seeing people, theyre going to bite every time. where as in the wild you have to locate the fish, find the right depth, the right lure/bait, and then use the right presentation, and after allll that get lucky. i cant believe they were going to do that to an arrowana!

As a fisherman and a tropical fish hobbyist, I see absolutely no value in this activity and am disturbed at the mindset of this tropical fish hobbist that this was even thought of. In the past, fishing in a tank was a last resort method for removing unwanted fish from either very large or over decorated tanks. It was done using tiny hooks with no barbs to reduce and minimize damage to the fish. The use of a forceps in the video makes me think this type of hook was not being used in this demonstration.

This type of fishing is SPORT? I think not. Take the fish to the family swimming pool (dechlorinated of course) and use this equipment see if you can catch them. That would be sport. We all know that sportfish and even some of the fish we keep in our tanks all start out small and can be caught on rod & reel at this small size but fishing in a fishtank for sport just doesn't seem fair or right. Hardly what I would call sport.
I hope this trend/ "sport" does not continue.

That's my take on this vulgar act.

That video brings a new meaning to " as easy as shooting fish in a barrel " .

As an avid hunter and fisherman... I just shake my head and wonder why.

Losers trying to claim acts of stupidity as "local business" because they think selling micro fishing poles is some great idea to capitalize on... Trying to compensate for micro other things most likely lol.

Not impressed to say the least. It has quite afew dislikes but hardly any negative comments, makes me think they remove them.

Buy and stock your own aquarium, fish for your own stock. That's angling? I'm sorry but young anglers DO have access to smaller poles. If you can't figure out that a tug on your line is possibly a fish then reel it back up, fishing is not your sport. What the hell are you gonna catch with that straw? And whose holding it jiminy cricket? I hope those morons get swallowed up in their own debt just sheer stupidity.

As an outdoorsman I can say I would never buy that. Extremely stressful and unhealthy. I invest money in my fish why would I want to hurt them? To me it's like making a dart board of $20 bills. Just stupid.

Wow... I'm soooo not impressed with their fishing prowess... Or the cruelty

Back
Top Bottom