Might be away for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TankGirl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'll probably not be around much over the next several days since my husband is finally having his dislocated elbow repaired tomorrow. He is not exactly "Mr. Stoic" so I anticipate he will need a lot of TLC.

He has lived with this dislocation since March, but we knew we would be moving over the summer so he decided to put it off. He has never had any kind of surgery and this will be under general, with an overnight stay, so wish us luck! I am a medical person so it seems pretty cut and dried to me, but I'm not the one under the knife, LOL!

TG, good luck to the both of you.
He is not exactly "Mr. Stoic" so I anticipate he will need a lot of TLC.

Us guys are all wimps! as you know, if we are sick or injured we need a "mom" to take care of us!

corvu is sooooooo right!!!! LOL We just love that TLC :D :D :D

Hope everythings goes without a hitch for you both.

Let us know how it goes. Your husband is very blessed to have somone like you by his side. I am blessed in that way too. :wink:

I never noticed this at the gathering. Good luck to all involved.

Say I forgot to ask how was the frontier culture museum

Well Rick had surgery today and the doctor said the tendon had been ruptured off the bone for years, not months, like we thought. This is the same injury that pitchers and shot-putter's get, but Rick used to be an iron worker and a blacksmith, so that's probably when it happened. He was amazed that Rick's elbow had not come completely out of joint all this time, since Rick is the "strong man" of the bunch and when heavy things need to be lifted, Rick is there.

Anyway, they took a tendon from his wrist and reconstructed his joint, and he is suffering right much but I snuck home to let the dog out and I'll be back over there to camp out in his room, and he'll be discharged in the AM.

Aaron - he's been functioning with this arm in an acute painful stage since March, and as long as he is careful not to lift the twins or do certain motions with his arm you would never know he was injured. He wanted to wait until after we moved to have the surgery. He even put in a glass tub enclosure in our bathroom the day before surgery!

Thanks for your support, and I am learning now that it would be much easier if I could have been the one to have the surgery instead of him... 8O

Yea, hope he has a speedy recovery.
He even put in a glass tub enclosure in our bathroom the day before surgery!

In that much pain I probally would have broken it just to keep from having to try to put it in. 8O

Well Rick is on the mend and aside from having trouble doing things one-armed, he should be going to work Monday if he can wean himself off the pain pills, LOL!

I got some of my backlogged work done today and will finish tomorrow, and I hope to be back up to speed next week, too.

Thanks, everyone. It is amazing how many posts I miss when I don't log in for a day or two - this is one busy site!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom