Mostly fun brainstorming about decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirbhao

Aquarium Advice Addict
Our foray into aquarium keeping started with our daughter. I realized recently that I have taken over decorating-- most pointedly when I said no to a $20 scuba diving dog.

Now, I'm probably going to have to get that dog, but I would love some other ideas.

Her birthday is in early November, and I would love to give her a centerpiece that will excite her and remove what we have in their now. The fish don't seem all that interested in it anyway. What I'm looking for:

• Fits in a regular 10 gallon tank
• Gives fish places to "hide" without making it so that we can't see them for days
• Will be suitable for guppies and snails
• Is colorful or fantastical or otherwise exciting to a 6 year-old.

She likes the usual stuff that kids go for, like unicorns and bugs. Castles. We're Buddhist and she loves Buddha, and there's lots of Buddha stuff out there.

So tell me-- what would be fun?

Just head to petsmart and check out some stuff, they usually have mermaids and castles etc.

It might be really fun to just let her pick something out.

I was looking on amazon and saw the dog for $8. (grumblegrumblegrumble)

edited to add:
My child is strange in that, if she doesn't pick it out, she'll love whatever you give her. However, if you give her an option, she will really struggle. She also tends to gravitate toward the little licensed sculptures, which is fine and I can do that but it wouldn't be the main thing.

Back
Top Bottom