moving tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakeras

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone. Things took a suprise twist for me and I am going to be rescuing a 10 gallon tank from a member of my church. It has 2 angels, 1 tiger barb, 4 neons, 1 skirt tetra, and a betta. Horrificly overstoked. So now I need to know how to move it. I was thinking get as much water as I can into one of those water coolers and put fish and the filter media in it and some decorations from the tank too. Any ideas?

Put the fish in tank water in a bucket (or the cooler would work) with the filter media. Then drain the remaining water out of the tank (leave an inch of water to keep the BB in the gravel alive). Leave all the decorations in the tank, if they are unsteady put them on their sides so they don't fall during transpiration.

When you get home set up the tank with new water and slowly acclimate the fish to it.

I hope you have plans for the stock, it sounds like a nightmare!

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. As for the stock I'm waiting for my account age to reach 15 days to try to sell them on the classifieds:)

Back
Top Bottom