MTS victims

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that money thing always seems to be an issue, i have a 120g, empty 90g and 30g long. once i save funds for a stand build for the 90 that is going to be setup with what is yet to be determinded.

ugh I wish the hobby was cheaper :( Luckily my dad is good at woodwork so he made me a fancy looking stand for free :) and it's really strong haha, well for my 50g anyways.
I really want to start a bigger tank, but my money situation is Just lucky enough to be able to upkeep my current 3

amazing tankk check out my thread journy to sw nano tank its in the nano tankk section or search it up im a sw newb so any and all help is appreciated

Thank you for the compliment! Sadly, I know nothing about SW tanks. This is my first tank and it's FW.

@Coyotewildfire wow its so pretty! and she sounds amazing, dont let her go as long as she's letting you get more fish/tanks ;)
I had my betta in a gallon-ish bowl for 3 years before I learned what was wrong :( I feel so bad for him but he's 4 now and still alive :D

Thank you very much! We both put a lot of effort into the aesthetic of the tank.

And yes, she is pretty amazing... She's a poor college student without a job, yet she depleted her savings for me to have this tank. I think that says something.

I have to tell you, I learned so much on AA in the past month regarding fish tanks that I probably would've ended in disaster had I not. Betta bowls is one of those things I found out. Haha, took my sister to the LFS with us last weekend and got her jonesing for a new tank for her Betta. She was looking at a few of the 2G tanks and I mentioned how she should save for something bigger.

Little does she know she'll have not only a tank, but all the fixins to go with it come Friday. =D

She'll be SO happy :D Make sure to teach her how to care for it regularely :p (I don't know how old she is... she might be old enough to already know haha)

Well, she's 11. She got herself a book on Betta care and how to properly treat, feed and provide for the Betta, but unfortunately it didn't really cover the basic aquarium care.

So that much I'll be teaching her and setting her well on her way to proper water and fish care, should she ever wish to pursue this further in the future. Plus, I have all the test kits and conditioner and everything, which'll make it easier on her (very) shallow purse.

I'm definitely a victim of MTS. Got a Betta tank, a frog tank with a snail, and my twenty nine gallon community tank.

Does a qt tank count? One of my guppies was being picked on when I brought him home-literally! He has almost half of one of his fins gone. That's why he's named Nemo!

I don't know that a QT tank counts, sorry Dakota. =P Nevertheless, you do have three tanks, which certainly says something.

thats great, it's a shame that proper aquarium care isnt as easy to learn about... When your a kid everyones taught how to take care of cats and dogs, no one really teaches about fish... Before I started learning about them though I guess my mindset was theyre just fish... but now they seem more than JUST fish :D
@betta, your definately on your way to mts :p Actually I think you have it now... but good for you for keeping a QT tank :D

CoyoteWildfire said:
I don't know that a QT tank counts, sorry Dakota. =P Nevertheless, you do have three tanks, which certainly says something.

Lol. Yeah, I figured it wouldn't count. Alas.

Yeah, I've only been in the hobby for a couple of months. Well, if you count the bettas in bowls when I was younger then I guess I've been in the hobby for a few years! But that I don't count because I did it completely wrong!

thats great, it's a shame that proper aquarium care isnt as easy to learn about... When your a kid everyones taught how to take care of cats and dogs, no one really teaches about fish... Before I started learning about them though I guess my mindset was theyre just fish... but now they seem more than JUST fish :grin:

See, that's just it. There was a saying for irresponsible children back in the day that said something to the effect of "if you wanted an easy pet, you should've gotten a goldfish". I don't know what idiot thought that fish were actually easy to care for, but I'd love to knock them one.

Lol. Yeah, I figured it wouldn't count. Alas.

Yeah, I've only been in the hobby for a couple of months. Well, if you count the bettas in bowls when I was younger then I guess I've been in the hobby for a few years! But that I don't count because I did it completely wrong!

That's exactly why I wanted to get my sister the tank for her birthday. For the Betta's sake too.

But yeah, I just got into this last month. Man has it been a learning experience... And something of a bumpy ride. Looks like you're flourishing with it a bit more than I am though. ;D Three tanks... *snicker, snicker*

I don't know what idiot thought that fish were actually easy to care for, but I'd love to knock them one.

+1 :lol!:
I sort of did that to my boss at my local pet store (not actually, but told her she was wrong and whatever)... I got fired for that. that ticked me off... I didn't even say it in the rude manner I wanted to :(

Wow, fired you for correcting her? Haha, someone seriously can't deal with being wrong... Sorry you got fired. Clearly your knowledge wasn't appreciated as it should have been.

Lol. I could soo see my brother firing someone for correcting him.

It isn't something to laugh about though, and I'm sorry that you got fired.

Ya, technically not "fired" they just stopped giving me hours... then one day I saw a new girl there... I asked her something about the fish and she didn't know anything... I was ticked lol
The worst thing is theres only one other place that sells fish in my town, and they're just as clueless (and not caring to change)... I'm almost scared to buy my fish from from here who knows how badly they've been treated :S... but the next town is 2 hours away, and I hear it isnt that great either. and if i REALLY wanted to travel, I could drive 4 hours to a city, with a petsmart.... the guy I talked to there seemed knowledgeable, but honestly, 4 hours each way is a lot of gas money for a couple fish :(

And ya, I laugh off the firing or whatever you want to call it because honestly, if they're that dumb then i dont want to work there... but then I get ticked for thinking of all the fish there that are gonna end up not cared for properly

mfdrookie516 said:
Sadly, I think I have STM... I'm going about it all backwards. Just put a 150g in the closet for storage :(

What?! Your leaving Aquariums anonymous?! NOOOO your like one of my original mentors!!!

haha I think everyone on this post is now thinking that... crying a little inside...
mfdrookie516, I think your tank deserves to be out again, try something you havent done before :D (Or have you done all kinds of tanks? :O)

Would hate to see you see you go mfd. But he only said he put one in the closet. Maybe that's because he has more than one and is reducing the number? Doesn't mean he's leaving......right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom