MTS victims

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had that many :) do you have albums of them? (sorry on my phone) would love to take a look!

no hostility please this thread is just a way for us to talkk about our tanks number.of tanks and get sidetracked iit is the lounge

Guys, please keep this on the topic of the thread. If you want to have a chat with somebody, we have a chat room, private messaging, profile comments, and even a thread just for off topic conversations.

Yeah. I've been homeschooled for one semester. Going back to a different school next year.

That's pretty epic. I was homeschooled since from K-12. Way cool, even if only temporarily. :]

And there is always such a stigma associated with homeschoolers...which can make it even harder for them to adapt to life experiences

Ahaha, well if you recognize the problem there, you should help make a difference then. :] Although I'm completely socially capable on my own. There's a difference between "homeschoolers" and those that were "homeschooled", haha. Those of us who are socially adept like anyone else blend in and are no different than our public or private schooled peers sadly, only the problem cases stick out...

Agreed, though I think it's different for different people. For me, public school was the worst thing I have ever done. The drama and insecurities for myself from being around all those people caused me to have 3 years of anorexia. I had to quit public school to get over it. and now I am :grin: I think you can get the social activity by joining after school programs too. But my experience isn't the majority of people. I mean most people DO benefit from public schools, but there is a small percentage where it backfires.

Really sorry to hear about that... No amount of socialization is going to fix the damage done there... I have some problems with certain aspects of public school, though I certainly do not look down on anyone that was schooled that way. Public education is far, far better than no education at all. But I won't go on a rant about my opinions... I truly don't wish to offend anyone here, but if anyone wants to discuss it with me, feel free to PM me. :] No debate or any nonsense like that, just sharing on equal planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom