my dad stole my 29 gallon and is probally returning it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
with my mom its very possible. but my dad. thats another story. his parents dided when he was a teen i think. and his bro took care of him. frmo the stories he was a really tough guy. now my dad has that. and because of that and hes korean and
that makes it a lil worse. he cant make up his mind. and what i cant figure out is he just bought my bro a nice new 25,000$ Acura RSX and now hes thinking about buying my sis a 27,000$ TSX and this kinda sux. ill prolly be left with the leftovers. i always do until i really get annoyed when we go to the store and my bro gets everything. thats 52,000$ right there. dude my tanks are like 1/1000 of that.
ive had very nice talks with my dad. ive had nice screaming conversations with my dad. they both work the same so i think the screaming is easier way to get it out.

he said hes going to get me a 250$ ipod for my b-day. that'd be nice all but one thing. he gets me what i dont want and doesntn want me to get what i want. i wish i was the oldest. then i ould drive. :)

Ok, i think most of us here now understand the whole thingy by now.

Just like my younger 20 years old sis, u probabily will not accept anything we advise u regarding this matter. The best u can do right now is to chill out the anger, n maybe 5-6 years later you will understand... :D

Its part of growing up cycle :D :D :D :D

I am sorry to hear the brichardi tank is no longer. You were doing your research on it and getting prepared for your new arrivals.
My main concern is you said in a different thread that you had the brichardi. Where are they now? If the tank is no longer, return the brichardi. krap, you have years of fish keeping ahead of you. When you move out on your own, you can keep as many tanks as you have room and money for!
I sympathize with your situation. There is a cultural barrier in play along with the whole growing up part.

nufsed is short for enough said if you sound it out.

i never said i had them. i didnt even cycle my tank yet. so at this point i wouldn't put that lvl of fish in a tank if i even would.

and in 5-6 years ill only be 18-19 :)

i never said i had them.
Sorry, I must have misread the post.
FYI--I just saw young brichardi at my fav LFS for $2.99 CAD!! Maybe you will go to college some place that has great LFS that sells locally bred fish and you will have so many choices, you won't know what to do with yourself!!
I didn't realize you were so young. That's a long time to wait to get out of the house :( Perhaps you can talk to your mother and come up with a way to talk to you father so that a comprimise can be worked out about your fish.

Hey krap101...
I have to say some of it is probably age. If your dad really spends that much money on your siblings it could simply be that they are older and more responsible... He may be just as much at a loss when it comes to relating to you as you might be with him... Of course there could be other factors in play that we might never know... Sometimes, something happens in life to someone, and it is very difficult and they never learn how to deal with it. Often times people hold on to all sorts of bitterness and it really effects who they are and how they treat other people. And when it comes to change, and facing ones struggles, it seems it gets harder for people as they get older, they get more subborn. There's not much one could do or say, especially someone's child... In all honesty the best thing you can do is avoid those yelling matches when you can... they are ok, and sometimes necessary, once in a while, but I guaruntee that your best bet is to just continue to try and be the best you, you can be... Things mighe be unfare now, but if you stay bitter about it, you could end up just like him when you get older... I know you're thinking "there's no way I would ever be like him" but trust me, people pick up most of the behavioural problems, and good things too, from their parents.
One thing that I must say to everyone on your behalf is... There are a lot of people your age and older, on this site, and other places, that would respond differently to some of the advice you're often given here. I haven't read every topic you've written, but most of the ones I've participated in, I don't recall seeing you lash out on any of the members... and some of the advice I've seen given to you has been harsh... you might not always listen to, or agree with what it said, but I really must point out that I haven't seen some of the childish responses that I would have expected from some other members here... Some people do not know how to behave here and I don't feel that I can say that of you...

true about the spending money teche like technically it was my money. im sure ill be like him but in a much smaller extent. but i know still he trys to save every penny. so he tries to turn off my aquarium lights of as often as he can and my pond filter every night. ever since i moved my aquarium he cant find the timer so he cant unplug it. (its behind the lid of the icebox that holds the crayfish 8P :D ) and while im playing on the comp i can see him sometimes 15 mins at a time looking got the timer :rofl: . but i guess it isnt that big of a deal its just i put alot of time looking around for the filter fish etc. and what im really worried about is i spent about 50$ including shipping on a emperor 280/cartrages and this plastic case thingy to hold media. shipping was like 7$. and i dont know how to return it.

If you hadnt figured it out . Most of us was born before 1980 and alot of these slang abrevations dont catch on with us. As you can see sometimes going the short road with words can take a longertime to understand.

oh that was a typo 8P. it meant technically the 1st 1, and comp is pretty obvious computer

ooh the most bestest thingy just happened. my mom was walking around our yard. and we have this min-forest in our yard. in the center was my 29 gallon fish tank!! im hiding it in my grandmas room until things settle down. my mom led me to think on the way out there that she saw sign of our loose rabbit (which we think has decisted) but right there! in the light. my fish tank!!! my fricken 29 gallon fish tank! the one my dad *stole* in the least likable spot!! like heaven opened up and led my mom to that exact spot!!. im hiding it in my grandmas room until things settle down. and im thinking about putting a box there and covering it with leaves 8P. make im think its still there. aww nvm. all tnat matters is WE FOUND ITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not gonna end good if your mom is doing 1 thing and your dad is doing another.

This is gonna cause problems for all of you. I've been there.

aw well im not telling my dad my moms helping me. but he might figure out. but i go out there regulatily so he might not suspect. but if it was totally against my dad then he would of already returned it

You are so young?!!!

I think you are so fortunate that your parent have let u spent so much money already on tank but then you probabily wont understand for the nex 10 years .... :D :D

i fell for ya, i really do, my dad and i had our first sit down in many years and most of the conversation was me sayin sorry you were right, but now? i know and its gonna be exactly how its' supposed to, despite ourselves, dont forget to tell your folks you appreciate them for everything you do have

Glad you found your tank, however you and your dad need to work it out. Try to "make a trade". You said you have a 10 and a 5 right? Try to get him to let you set up the 29 if you take down the 5 or something like that. Life is full of comprimising. Better to learn it now instead of later. Take it from me I'm 43 and hardly talk to my dad because of our relationship while I was young. (speaking of which, maybe it's time for me to make ammends).

justmy2cents said:
Life is full of comprimising..

Here is a good example of compromise. I can't afford to buy myself the tank, equipment, stand, rock, etc. for the 125 gallon reef tank I want, so I compromised and bought a 37 gallon system.

Of course, I have my own money and I can make these decisions for myself but If I was a child and my parents were my only source of income, well then I guess whatever they say goes, and I would be thankful they let me have anything at all.

I can't cry and pout and get my 125 gallon reef system. It doesn't work like that.

I think one thing that everyone seems to forget as they age is just how hard it is to be a teenager. And just how frustrating it was to be treated like a kid when you were that age. There's two sides to every coin and neither has more weight. As the more experienced side you'd expect parents to take responsibility for maintaining that balance. Kids are just that.. kids.

For those that think things were better in the good old days, well, those kids are now todays parents so if it's worse now then maybe the old methods didn't work so well. Unless kids are being born evil now :lol:

krap101, how is your relationship with your siblings? Can you talk to them about the situation? If your dad appears to have a better raport with them then maybe they can talk to him for you.

lol i guess so. if i take down my 5 gallon i was planning to give it to my cousin. she can have a betta in there and a oto probally. but to me i would give her my puffer and loach but im not sure shes ready for a puffer. its too complicated for a 8 year old. ya kno. shes really smart and everything. but i dont think shes ready for puffers. id take down my 5 and give it to her. but where would the fish inside go?

oh and my bro just got his car because my dad said if hes top 10 in his class hed get him a car. and my bro's too mean to talk to him. and my dads buying a car since my sis went to a not to good (cheap) collage he has enough money to buy a car frm her collage fund. and my sis and my dad get along just not face to face. and my other sis is in korea. so she probally cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom