My head hurts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was working last night at the LFS and had a customer come up to me and say one of the things I hate hearing:

"All the fish I keep adding to my tank keep dying."

So I ask him what kind of tank he has to get some background.

"Oh it be a semi-'gressive tank. I have a ID shark, two bala sharks, two pictus cats, a kissing gourami, and a betta fish. Its been running like six months and every time I add some tetra's or sumthin, they die real quick. Ive gone through probably four bettas! I had three balas, one died... I had two kissing gouramis... one died!"

"Well... how big is your tank?"

"Oh, its huge."

"...Do you know how many gallons?"

"Oh. Yeah. Its that 36 bowfront you guys have over there."

............Seriously?

Oh it got worse too... He had only done one water change so far and every time I told him he need a larger tank or needed to rehome most of his fish, he rolled his eyes at me. UGH!

No joke. He got so huffy with me when I told him I wouldnt sell him any more fish (my favorite manager was on duty last night and since shes head of the fish department... she totally will tell us its OK not to sell people stuff unlike some other managers.)

I just know he went to another store and bought more fish anyways. He would need, what, a 120 gallon for what he has, minus the betta?

Back
Top Bottom