My Nitrites refuse to do down!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aconley2468

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help! My nitrites in a tank are through the roof! I test my water every day with the API master fresh water test kit and my nitrites never budge. They test off the chart Like above 5.0ppm! At first I thought the test kit was defective because all the other levels go down when I do water changes but the nitrites never change So I took my water to a local pet store and they told me that they were in fact high. After doing some research online I dozed with seachem Stability and prime after Doing an emergency water change. I tested the levels after a few hours and they were down to 0.25ppm after a few more hours I tested it again to see where it was at and it was back to through the roof! I tested it again a few hours after the second test and it’s the same. I’m at a loss here and I don’t know how to correct the problem I need advice! I have three mollies one clown Pleco seven mystery snails and six ghost shrimp in a 55gal. Help me please!

Back
Top Bottom