N.A. Discus Association Convention Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HN1

Aquarium Advice Addict
A friend of ours is on the BOD of the SE Discus Enthusiasts and also our local club (Atlanta Area Aquarium Association) and asked us to help out at the NADA convention that SEDE was in charge of. We set up the racks, tanks, etc on Thursday and had people arriving with fish by the end of the day. Yesterday, I was unable to go because of work but Marcie spent the day working the registration table and drooling over fish. Today was my turn to drool! The show fish are amazing! You think discus are expensive at your local shop? Ha! Some of these are fetching over a grand. The few "bargains" went extremely quick. We were good and only came back with a bag of nice angels to grow out. Tomorrow is the auction and break down. If anyone is in the Atlanta area and looking for tanks, they will be sold after the event tomorrow. $20 for 20G X tall with lid or $15 for a regular 20G Tall Used 3 days total otherwise brand new, sponge filters, heaters, and racks are available too. PM me if interested and I'll let them know.

So, now for the pics. I often eat on dinner plates smaller than some of these fish!

img_1996572_0_1b6b7a71e0e40849e76dbeda77927c20.jpg

img_1996572_1_78e4465a00577eec99c5abaedac7f8ba.jpg

img_1996572_2_fa6697539042a5d0d9198d2c9c2fc80a.jpg

img_1996572_3_fad690066fc1bffde3f6dc047cbc1e3b.jpg

img_1996572_4_79e4b353849e544ad20d75381620a044.jpg

WOW! Those are amazing! I'd love to keep discus if I had the money. Probably one of the coolest FW fish out there! :)

I LOVE the first pic and the pic of the blue snakeskin
Lucky!!!!!!!!

These fish are simply stunning! What a privilege to be able to attend as a volunteer, just so I can look at the discus. I have been trying to keep myself from drooling into the tanks! Oh, and we got awesome T shirts just for volunteering! lol

I love the white one! Sorry I don't know discus breeds so I don't know what its called. Very beautiful fish and awesome score on the free t-shirts :)

I love the white one! Sorry I don't know discus breeds so I don't know what its called. Very beautiful fish and awesome score on the free t-shirts :)

I don't really know the varieties and show groupings either! Just about everything I know, was due to hanging out with folks this weekend. We tore it all down today and held an auction. We managed some self-restraint and only came home with 5 new 20s and 10 sponge filters. No fish for us today.

Back
Top Bottom