Name 10 things we dont know about you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Guess I will start:

1. I wear glasses
2. I am a grandmother of 4
3. I am too fat
4. I drink wine
5. I was a hippy, still kinda am
6. I love good food, see #3
7. I am married to a guy from Holland
8. I don't smoke
9. I am an herbalist
10. I don't like other peoples kids most of the time (ouch)

Hara, how did you meet a guy from Holland? That is so neat!

Ok, my list:

1. I am only four feet, nine and a half inches tall
2. I love cats
3. I own a set of custom-made vampire fangs
4. I am a certified SCUBA diver since I was 15
5. I was a gymnast for 8 years and a tap dancer for 6
6. I love reading and writing poetry
7. I have to wear a medic-alert bracelet cause I am allergic to 3 medicines
8. I have panic attack disorder
9. I once crashed into a parked car
10. I can't see over the wheel and/or hood of most sports cars

10. I don't like other peoples kids most of the time (ouch)

1. Thats my number one. ^^
2. I play hockey and tennis (im 5 11, going on 6 4
3. I like meat
4. I hate smoke, and some smokers
5. I love fishing
6. I spend everydime on this hobby (you knew that) thats left over from my girlfreind
7. I am almost addicted to pork rinds
8. I won 4 tournaments this summer (tennis)
9. Love politics
10. Hate every democratic veiw on this good earth.

Hmmmm I dont think there are ten interesting things about me...

But one is that I shari LMW's panic attacks and I can attest they are no fun at all when your vision goes blurry and your chest tightens and the world steals all oxygen away and your ears ring and you become dizzy and loose all strength in your limbs. Stress is an MF.

d9hp said:
3. I like meat
4. I hate smoke, and some smokers
5. I love fishing
6. I spend everydime on this hobby (you knew that) thats left over from my girlfreind
9. Love politics
10. Hate every democratic veiw on this good earth.

Well go ahead and use these in my list as they all apply

1. I hate every conservative republipuke view in this country.
2. I love football.
3. I like feeding birds and squirrels.
4. I accidentally ran over a baby rabbit with my lawnmower this evening, killed it, it was gross.
5. I monitor water quality in a stream in my area for Save Our Streams.
6. I smoke.
7. I drink.
8. Other people's kids like me, sometimes I like them, sometimes not.
9. I've had panic attacks too, they are indescribably BAD NEWS.
10. I am King of the grill, charcoal/wood only!

Allright here is another since Corvuscorax just rminded me... when I was 15 or 16 I was mowing the lawn and hit a turtle... apparently they look like purple spaghetti on the inside... only thing I have ever killed and I still feel bad:(

Here is goes:

1. I have a depression disorder

2. I play the drums

3. I am around/over six feet tall in heels

4. I love to read

5. I am lactose intolerant

6. I can't stand people

7. I love all animals, big, small, cuddly or creepy

8. I collect living dead dolls

9. My absolute favorite animals are horses

9. After I finish school for Funeral Directing I am going into Forensics

10. I have a spirit guide named Rick that goes everywhere I go [Yes, I really do see ghosts.]

All right here goes a list...

1) All though I am a hardcore kid(Music... not "adult movies" i gave up my acting career) at heart... Jeff Buckley and Jimmy Gneco of OURS are my favorite song writers ever... anyone that listens to either of these guys will be my favorite perosn on the board!
2) Im a hardcore kid at heart! And redundant.
3) Saved at 18
4) Pre 18 very baaaad
5) Hoping to get a Gov clearance and start working for teh CIA in th enext year.
6) I hate my job but I love the work I do... if that makes sense.
7) Im a writer... not that you could tell by my lame posts
8) Been with my girl for two years in August and plan on being with her for as long as she will have me... she is my world.
9) Dogs are God's greatest creation
10) Above fish Music is my greatest addiction

A pretty dang cruddy list.. meh...

1. I don't have an aquarium, pond only

2. My name isn't Roger

3. I like frisbee

4. I like the Ricky Special at El Cortez

5. Can't think of anything else

1. I am a pacifist
2. I do not subscribe to one religion but I love God
3. I respect and love every living being, to the point that I have problems killing insects
4. I took karate a few years ago, and fought in three tournaments
5. Star Wars is my favorite movie (ep. 4-6, 1&2 not so much) and I watch it once every August
6. I love diy projects, and my dream project is building a light saber (yes, yes, I AM a dork :lol: )
7. The only job I ever liked was my position as assistant manager of a coffee shop
8. I'm 27 and still don't know what I want to do for a living
9. I'm only taking one class in college next semester--career planning
10. I was in AA for 4 1/2 years, did a bi-monthly statewide newsletter for two years, and was on all sorts of planning committees. I moved to Maryland and started drinking again because I knew I wasn't a drunk. It's been two and a half years and no problems (but I still feel guilty, every time I tell someone this I have to add the "2 1/2 years--no problems" :lol: ).

1) i love some of almost all music
2) been married for almost 24 years
3) 2 kids oldest 20 youngest is 6
4)not at all fond of tv
5) i am photo and computer challenged. :oops:
6) hate politics in everyway
7) do not like any one religion...but love god
8) my husband cooks better than i do
9) favorite household chore after playing in the tank is mowing the lawn, least is cleaning the bathroom.
10)favorite movie is the matrix

1- I play the French Horn, am learning the flugle, play piano by ear and with one hand, and have played the flute and alto clarinet. And painting keeps me sane. If I had a digital camera I'd post some of my better work, oh well.
2 - I'm vegetarian, but my posts have said that, so that's a bit common knowledge
3 - I consider myself to be an agnostic Jew
4 - I'm a Nerd (yes, with a capital N). I read all the time (see #5), get good grades (never less than a B on report card and never more than 3 Bs on it either), and have pools of useless knowledge stashed away . . .
5 - I don't have a TV by choice. If you've ever read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the song that the oompa-loompas sing about it rotting your brain pretty much applies to my philosophy. I can and do see movies, I just would rather not pay to see cruddy movies and commercials instead.
6 - I generally prefer animals over people. But sinece you all like animals, it's easier for you to understand that . . . and for me to appreciate you! :wink:
7 - people say I act really old/mature for my age (meaning I also don't like immaturity and many little kids). If I do I can't help it (and I'm sure the habit of *occasionally* correcting their errors doesn't really help).
8 - favorite band is the Beatles
9 - I used to live in Italy (parents were military)
10 - aside from cats and fish, I also have a gerbil and two budgies. Am thinking about getting mice and/or rats, setting up a vivarium, owning frogs, and putting together a mini reef tank. To name just a few. And I need to stop rambling on about myself now! (sorry!)

1. I lived in Holland for 4 years
2. I lived in Alaska for 4 years
3. 34 years old and love bands like Tool, Godsmack, and Sevendust. My wife says im am trying to hold onto youth.
4. I am an avid cyclist (and not tanks, pedal kind) I own four bikes.
5. I have a strong dislike for all news, media, morningshows. See below statement about politics.
6. I could care less about politics. They have one goal and it usually focused around themselves.
7. I dislike the State I live in
8. Despite all the negative above comments I am a pretty chipper guy
9. favorite move is The professional
10. That's all

shawmutt said:
3. I respect and love every living being, to the point that I have problems killing insects

Hey Shawmutt, does that apply to Mac users?

1. I am 5' 5"
2. Overweight
3. Cherish my wife
4. Movie freek
5. Love 70's and 80's music
6. Dispise Sprint's Cell Service
7. Love my cat
8. Dispise Corporate America's Politics
9. Like to help anyone as much as I can, when I can
10. Member of the Independent Party ( Not brainwashed to one mindset )

OK, time to bump this up...

1) I actually love my job, hate the politics and the paperwork, but love the job.
2) I have a 175 lb dog that is a member of the family
3) I have 2 step children and 2 of my own children. My daughter looks just like me, my son doesn't look like me or his mother, I'm thinking he looks like the postman 8O
4) When I was 22yrs old I had a condition called bells palsy, the right side of my face was completely paralyzed for about six weeks, since it happened so young, the Drs expect it again in my life
5) I have come within milliseconds of taking a human life 3 times in the course of my job, just coming close will do things to your psyche you could not imagine
6) Jose Cuervo is a friend of mine ;)
7) I smoke, but no one is allowed to smoke in my house, not even me
8 ) I can juggle
9) I have been to the ER enough because of my youngest sons to be on a first name basis with the nurses, we exchange gifts at christmas
10) Bye Bye Miss American Pie (by Don McLean) is my favorite song of all times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom