Need help with oto names.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoyoteWildfire

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I recently got myself three otos to help keep down on the algae in my tank. I rather underestimated the amount of eating they do and see them busily cleaning away. :] Adorable little guys...

Anyways, I'm trying to think of names for them.

Generally, I like ones that work together or have similar meanings.

Some examples are:
Stop, Drop, Roll
Hammer, Anvil, Stirrup,
Lock, Stock, Barrel

But I'm not convinced on any of those...

I was thinking perhaps the stars in Orion's belt, but the names are near unpronounceable. Ideally, I'd like names that are aquatic in relation. My mom came up with hook, line, and sinker...but I thought that was a little macabre for fishes...

Any suggestions? Be as creative as you like, I'll give rep to anyone if I choose their suggestion. :]

larry, culry and moe ;) (for those too young to know, they are the 3 stooges)

Quarter, Paint, Appaloosa, the three breeds that the APHA allows. To you city folk, thats the American Paint Horse Association

Lol, or Darly, Godolphin, and Byerly. Because the Darly Arabian, Godolphin Arabian, and Byerly Turk went into the thoroughbred. This is if you want fish with horse related names.

how about the word fish in three different languages?? or something like that...

mommytron said:
oceanus, poseidon, and neptune :)

Those are pretty epic for little one-inch suckermouth catfish that just sit on the side of my tank and wiggle a bit. :p definitely a consideration though.

Keep'm coming guys! I'm loving the suggestions, all of them!

Those are pretty epic for little one-inch suckermouth catfish that just sit on the side of my tank and wiggle a bit. :p definitely a consideration though.

lol. my otos are actually the most interesting of all my fish to watch. they are super active, always doing something, whether it's sucking on the glass, playing in the sand, or perching themselves on plant leaves (sometimes upside down). i think they're some of the coolest fish.

Back
Top Bottom