Needing help buying a filter for boyu197

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah1953

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm considering buying a second hand Boyu197 tank for £175 which is a lot but the seller is coming to my home to set it up for me. He's also including a new Interpet 300w heater. But there is no filter....:confused:

I haven't actually bought it yet as I didn't know I also had to buy a filter. The seller suggests a Fluval 350 or 360. These are so expensive so I wondered if anyone on here can help me please regarding buying a filter for this very large tank. Is one of these filters better than the other as I have to clean it all out every 2 months and I'm a newbie to all this. :confused:

Thanks for reading all this.

user_online.gif

Cheapest solution would be an aquaclear 110 but they get extremely noisy after a while. Fluval 350 or 406 would be best. They are more expensive but canisters like these lat so much longer so cheaper in the long run. Not sure of the gallonage of that tank. Would you mind posting it?

Cheapest solution would be an aquaclear 110 but they get extremely noisy after a while. Fluval 350 or 406 would be best. They are more expensive but canisters like these lat so much longer so cheaper in the long run. Not sure of the gallonage of that tank. Would you mind posting it?
I have just posted that I don't know how many gallons. I've given the tank measurements.

Thanks but there's no point in getting a noisy one. What's the difference between a Fluval 350 and a 360?

They improved the valve system on the 360 to make it more convenient and mess proof so id suggest getting that one

A power hang on top filter would be easy to care for. Once we know the gallons, can recomend some power filter options.

Maybe a bit late for this....
External filters are the way to go with a medium tank, simplest solution.
I can vouch for Hagen products, they make the Fluval series.
Some of mine have been running for as long as I've had fish (many many moons!)
The no name pumps and things, hmmm, they aren't here anymore.
It will be money well spent on a product that performs.
Of course there are other good companies!

Pretty much any external will outperform it's internal equivalent.
At least by my experience, long term, an external is an easier less messy deal.
(Fish are long term! Even the ones with short natural lifespans)

Back
Top Bottom