New cars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
Have you seen these things yet? In the past few weeks, I have spotted several around my city:

smartcarb.jpg

Haven't seen any around where I am. Looks kind of funny. What is the safety rating on that thing, looks like it could get wrecked by an SUV or truck.

I've never seen one before. I like it. One of those might be a replacement for my old Metro. What is it? Bet it gets great gas mileage. I wish someone would make a small hybrid...about the size of a Metro...with a diesel/electric setup.

looks like it could get wrecked by an SUV or truck.

Or a roller skate :mrgreen:

I'll bet it is a hybrid.

Myself I'm hoping someone will come out with a medium size van that's a hybrid.

Pro: Looks like it would be easy to park in NYC.

Con: Would not fare well in a crash....with anything.

Pro: In the event of a crash, it could also function as a coffin - could save big $$$ on funeral expenses. :lol:

I've seen them.. They look pretty cool.. Toirtus have you seen the guy that drive the segway around downtown? It was all snowy and slushy and gross and I saw him driving it down the road.. CRAZY!

I think when they did a report on that car it is suppose to be very safe..

Mooose

Hi justmy2cents,
Myself I'm hoping someone will come out with a medium size van that's a hybrid.
Have you seen the new Ford Escape Hybrid yet?
http://www.fordvehicles.com/escapehybrid/home/index.asp

It's not a medium sized van but it's bigger than a typical hybrid.

I'm not a Ford fanatic nor am I keen on buying a first model year product, however, I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open about this thing over the next 9 months.

Targaboy78

Nope, it isn't a hybrid. It's called a Smart. I'm sure you guys don't know it in the U.S., considering you don't drive anything that is not twice the size you actually need :wink:
We have them allot around here, they're nice cars, but not my type of car.
Now a car I really want is a mini cooper! Just as small as that smart, but way cooler :p

www.smart.com
www.mini.com

I'd rather put my wife and kids in something "twice as big as they actually need"
then cram them in something twice as small as they need and have them die in a crash.

I wouldn't let my family go across the street in a death trap like that.

JMO

Lol........well, sorry to tell you this, but bigger really isn't better when it comes to safety. But if you feel safer, feel free to get a bigger car.
That Smart is a safe car. Check this link out: Safe

I've also found that people who drive in 4x4 cars are way more agressively on the road then people that drive smaller cars. But that's over here, I don't know what it's like in the U.S.

Well in my situation I have to have room for tools, equipment, supplies, ladders, ETC. So a full size van works but I am willing to go to a mid size van if I can get a hybrid.

mini cooper

Now that's a roller skate :roll:

people who drive in 4x4 cars are way more agressively on the road then people that drive smaller cars

Yea, I have to agree to some part. Some of the "rednecks" around here that have enough money to own a BIG suv think they own the road and are not afraid to get real close to you and or flip you off if they think you got in their "space". :roll:

Billsgate said:
Lol........well, sorry to tell you this, but bigger really isn't better when it comes to safety. But if you feel safer, feel free to get a bigger car.

Well put one of thoses big SUV's up aginst a Licolin Town car and one of those minni coopers and see which driver walks away.

The bigger cars do better in the crash tests from what ive seen.

Right, but then again, if everyone would drive smaller cars, we wouldn't have these discussions. Same if everyone would drive big cars actually :wink: .
Still, I prefer a small car, out of economical and enviromental considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom