New changes.... (Warning - Ton of pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, so much has changed here. I no longer have Betty, my Cattle Dog. She was just getting too stressed by living in town, and is now in a much better place. I found a 400+ acre ranch that was looking for a Cattle Dog to work their cattle. They lost their Cattle Dog due to old age, and saw that I was looking for a good ranch for her to go to. She's doing very well and is much happier.

As for dogs, I'm back to 3 dogs again. After I got Betty, I had got a female Border Collie, Nell. She just turned 2 last month. She's a great dog, and is now in Agility training. She's doing really well in it. We've conquered her 2 fears in Agility, the Shoot (closed tunnel) and the teeter because it moves. She now does them just fine. And she has a lot of fun at class too. Here's some pics of Nell...

nell6.jpg

nell9.jpg

nell12.jpg

nell48.jpg

nell93.jpg

nell106.jpg

nell112.jpg

nell120.jpg

nell125.jpg

Next is my girl Chloe. I got her several months ago from the Wenatchee Humane Society. She ended up there due to the kids leaving the doors open and she kept wandering off. She's the type of dog that loves everything. I have to make sure my gate is always closed, if not, she will go off with anyone, lol. She is currently in Rally training, and doing some Obedience as well. We hope to have her ready for the dog show coming up in September. Would be nice if we can get our first 2 legs in toward her first title. Would be cool. Here's some pics....

chloe9.jpg

chloe13.jpg

chloe27.jpg

chloe33.jpg

chloe36.jpg

chloe39.jpg

chloe44.jpg

Now for my latest member of the family. His name is Sonny de-Light. He's a Border Collie as well. He will be 1 on August 8, 2008. I found him on Craigslist, and went out to check on him. Found that he was not being kept in very good condition. He was being kept in a goats pen, having to fend for himself against the goats. He was also about 15lbs underweight as well. But other than that, seemed healthy, so I took him. Not sure if I'll keep him, but because I love BC's, I had to take him out of that condition and bring him back to full health. He still has a few more pounds to gain, but is doing really well. Also got all his shots, as well as neutered. He's such a teddy bear as well. Just loves people. He's awsome.

sonny4.jpg

sonny6.jpg

sonny7.jpg

sonny12.jpg

sonny15.jpg

sonny16.jpg

sonny17.jpg

sonny18.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, it was very hard, and still wish she was with me. But I know she's much happier now, and now has a good job as well. So I'm happy for her. It's really fun doing the Agility with Nell. She's doing pretty well with it, still a lot to learn, but she's learning faster than I am, lol. I'm always having to play catch-up, lol. As for Chloe, we are doing Rally and some Obedience. I'm hoping to be far enough in Rally to actually sign up for her first competition when the dog show is here in town in September. Fingers crossed, lol, would love to get her first 2 legs towards her first title.

Aww...your new family members are gorgeous/handsome! I'm glad to hear Nell is doing well and Betty is happy! I love Nell's ears. :) So cute.

Is Chloe a Shetland Sheepdog or a Collie? It's hard to tell! I had a Sheltie and she loved to play, even when she was older. Chloe is gorgeous!

Great pics!

Chloe is an oversized Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog). You can tell by the shorter legs and smaller ears, lol.

It takes true love to do what is best for our pets sometimes. I am glad that you are enjoying the other dogs and the learning processes that go with them.

Yup, I get that all the time too. I would walk by people and they would say, Nice Collie, lol. Of course I would have one of my other dogs with me and say, it's a Border Collie, not a Collie, lol. And they would say, No, the other dog, lol. Then I would say she's a Sheltie, lol.

Well, we (me and Nell) just got done with another agility class. It was a lot of fun, just so tiring, lol. We were once again the only one in the class, lol. So we cut it off after about 45 minutes, we were both getting the zombies, lol. So, for the course, here's what the course was. Jump, Weaves, Tunnel, A-Frame, Teeter, Shoot, Pause Table, then Jump. She did really well. Then after a couple rounds, all of a sudden she became afraid of the Teeter, lol. Took a while, but we finally got her back on the Teeter, and ended the Teeter on a good run., then practiced a little on some of the other obsticles for the rest of the class. We also took a couple small breaks and did a little frisbee to get her mind back to me, lol. But overall, we did really well tonight. And she was a really happy girl, lol.

Well, Nell did really well at her last class this session. Now we have a couple weeks off before it starts up again, it starts up after the 4th. We had 10 obsticles out this time, and she did really well. If anyone goofed, it was always me tonight, lol. She was on game tonight. She did get a little startled with the teeter again, but did much better than last week. And did really good with the dog walk as well.

Only one small problem tonight. She's never done this before, now it's going to be a hard habbit to kick. We had the broad jump put, and she would only walk or run over it, not jump over it. What's the easiest way to get her to understand she needs to jump over it and not walk or run on it?

Other than that, here's what we had set up. We had the dog walk out, as well as the chute, 4 regular jumps, 1 broad jump, the teeter, weave poles, and the tunnel. And not in that order either, can't remember the sequence. It was kind of confusing tonight, lol.

Back
Top Bottom