New member of the family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
We just picked up Max, a 10 week old orange tabby, from the SPCA today, I didn't say anything beforehand because they were giving us a hard time and I didn't know if we were going to adopt the little guy. After talking with my vet, it turns out that everyone is given a hard time, there was nothing wrong with us. The cat is awesome, he was nervous and scared for all about 5 minutes after getting here, and then just acted like he's been here his whole life. It's completely different than Sophie, our 3 year old silver tabby, who takes two weeks to get used to any change. He is in confinement to one room away from Sophie for 10 days, both as a QT and to get them used to smelling each other. Well, without further ado, here's Max:

Max1.JPG

and more Max:

Max2.JPG

and my wife and max:

Max3.JPG

I wanted an orange tabby to match our 3 year old silver tabby, Sophie:
Sophie.JPG

He's adorable! I adopted a cat just like that when I was younger and his name was Max too!

What a cutie! He looks so soft--I just want to use him as a pillow (but I have found over the years that kitten pillows have claws, so I'll wait a couple of years till he mellows out :p)

DeFeKt said:
cool kitty:)
I must admit I thought you were going to spring a new bike on us ;)

Thats what I thought too after reading the thread title, but that is an cute putty tate. Deffinantly want to get another one now! The place where I adopted my cat gave me a hard time aswell.

SPCA almost has to be mean so don't take it personally. It's a good thing. It's amazing how many perspective pet owners don't know what to expect as far as food or vet care. They figure it's just a cat so you don't need to take it to the vet or feed it. Didn't realize that there weren't any mice for them to catch in the apartment building? hmmmmm......

Congrats on your new kitty!

I must admit I thought you were going to spring a new bike on us

That's later today :p, it's being delivered about 10am.

EDIT: I'm a bad parent, we introduced the kittys yesterday (don't tell the SPCA!). After much hissing and not getting along, they seem to be ok now. What do you think?

SophieMax.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom