Newly created: Largest marine reserve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a feeling that you do t live anywhere near this and the livelihood your family has relied on is not being destroyed

This will be a great bonus to Chinese fishing fleets who dont care what Barak does

I personally can't wait for $250 yellow tangs

Yeah this is so great

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a feeling that you do t live anywhere near this and the livelihood your family has relied on is not being destroyed

This will be a great bonus to Chinese fishing fleets who dont care what Barak does

I personally can't wait for $250 yellow tangs

Yeah this is so great

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So with that reasoning there should never be any wildlife preserves because the poachers don't care and it will inconvenience people with their choice of income?

If yellow tang prices increased then that would be great, because it would help provide incentive to work on the breeding program with more funding. It's the only long term solution to keeping yellow tangs in the hobby.

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/02/25/yellow-tang-breeding-barrier-attack/

If it werent for lack of funding the captive breeding program would be finished by now. It was put on hiatus for years because there was no financial backing.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The political standpoints should be left out of this thread, as it will only create issues down the road.

Just focus on the project itself, not who did it or who would do it better.

This is good, and I don't appreciate the first reply. Clearly, some people are selfish and that what got us to our problems in the first place.
Hopefully we will make a difference one day.

Back
Top Bottom