Not having local news STINKS!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so I hear via my college's unofficial forum that a Deputy was shot maybe three streets down from the apartment I am at and the person is still at large. Well, I turn to the closest thing we have for a news channel. Nothing, nothing, weather, nothing, nothing. Finally at the very END there was a 15 SECOND blurb that said shots were still being fired in what is being called a "standoff," and "we will sign on again tomorrow morning for the news at 5am." ARG! I want to know what the heck is going on. I want to know if this person tries to come toward my apartment. :evil: Now I just have to wait until tomorrow. Great. The only other news we get is on the local channel and it is taped at 3:30 in the afternoon. Okay, there is live news in the morning, but still. Humph. :bad-words:

Sorry for the vent.

Oh, I just got an update from a friend with a scanner. They've called in police from a neighboring county (one is a friend of mine). The deputy was shot twice but nothing fatal has been called in. I really hope he will be okay. They are beginning to close off more roads.

That totally sucks not having local news. I can't imagine it. What do they think, you should find these things out once the guy has entered into your neighbourhood? Insane. Don't blame you for the rant. I'd be pissed too.

I hope your friend will be fine, as well as anybody else that might be in the line of fire.

Well, good news. I found out (again from my friend with the police scanner) that the man was apprehended. That is nice to know. However, I've seen newscasts extended for situations like these. I guess anyone in the boondocks just isn't important enough to spend the extra money on. :evil:

It does suck not having local news! A few years back we had a big earthquake practically centered in Olympia. The only news around here focused on Seattle. It's like Olympia, Lacey, and Tumwater don' t exist.

talloulou, 8O how terrible! I can't imagine going through an earthquake. That must be a scary experience.

I thought I'd add, I watched the local news this morning. *sigh* nadda thing. Thank goodness for friends with police scanners. BTW, the deputy is doing well. He was only hit in the arm. I am so glad no one was *seriously* hurt last night. No thanks to news casts :roll:

rubysoho said:
talloulou, 8O how terrible! I can't imagine going through an earthquake. That must be a scary experience.

I thought I'd add, I watched the local news this morning. *sigh* nadda thing. Thank goodness for friends with police scanners. BTW, the deputy is doing well. He was only hit in the arm. I am so glad no one was *seriously* hurt last night. No thanks to news casts :roll:

I normally get the local/important news via Livejournal for the my cities community. It's mainly college students.. but normally with enough people... you find out stuff.

I've been out there in backwoods towns myself. A police scanner is better than any news channel most of the time. Of course I've been in Denver watching the news in time to say "Quick look out the window! There goes the car chase..."

Given the choices I think the best bet is the small town just outside (NOT touching) a nice big city. Gives you the nearby resources of a large city, with the greater safety and comfort of a small town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom