OMG *hyperventilates* Giant Spider on my screen door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't do spiders. Well, I don't mind some spiders, but the bigger they are and the more they resemble crabs (crabs creep me out, too) the more freaked out I become.

I went to let the dog out a few minutes ago and I noticed this on the INSIDE of the screen.

img_815917_0_9c87cb0930f30a206b6180077f825cc3.jpg

img_815917_1_32888add624270a6943fe5b79b31e3d7.jpg

img_815917_2_24c9738e767216b1c4dee6fd93046bf0.jpg

I defiantly did not want to kill it. As much as they creep me out I really don't like killing spiders. Once Stephen came up we devised a plan to catch it and release it in a field walking distance from where we live. My biggest concern was we messed up and the thing ran in the house- I don't think I could handle that! Anyways, we successfully caught and released it.

Can you imagine trying to kill a tarantula??? I don't think a swat with a shoe would work. 8O

Zagz said:
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O :crazyeyes:
EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW. I'm terrified of spiders. I'd have fainted or thrown up.
I second that. 8O 8O 8O 8O If that had been on the inside of my screen door, one of my cats would have probably found it and started playing with it, and I would've found it *somewhere else* within the house. Oh I must stop imaginging the possibilities. OMG OMG OMG

Wow, what a beautiful creature! I capture spiders in my house (not that big) and let them out side.

I always catch and release too (if the cat doesn't get them first :roll:)

Creepy creepy, I can't kill them and I can't catch and release them. My dad catches flies and other bugs to feed spiders but I have to make someone get rid of them. If I found one of that size here I'd seriously have passed out. Kudos to you for saving it. I'm not sure I could have.

If I found one of that size in our apt I would move. No joke, I would move. Me + Spiders = NO WAY. I'm a spider killer. We have brown recluses and black widows all over in this area. I don't want to take my chances of myself, James, or our cats getting bitten. Shoes usually work well.

Fishyfanatic said:
If I found one of that size in our apt I would move. No joke, I would move. Me + Spiders = NO WAY. I'm a spider killer. We have brown recluses and black widows all over in this area. I don't want to take my chances of myself, James, or our cats getting bitten. Shoes usually work well.

LOL! If that thing was on my screen door....I'd seriously consider moving too....or would definitely put some super bug spray out to prevent future spiders from hanging out there. I wouldn't kill it, but I wouldn't catch it either. I'd have to scream for my dad, once I got the color back in my face and stopped freaking out. :D That would really freak me out to have a spider that big on my door.

I think all this rain in Texas is making the spiders head to higher ground. Some spiders I kill (like the itty bitty ones) but the big ones I try to catch and release- I figure if they've grown that big who am I to end it's life?

I didn't want to spray it since it was on the inside of the screen door I didn't want it to freak out and run inside under the couch where my cats find it and somehow ingest bug poison. I didn't want to squish it because it was WAY too big and one wrong move and it would climb on me. Then, when I looked up what kinda spider it was the two options said it was a docile tarantula great for keeping as pets and I didn't have the heart to kill it.

Back
Top Bottom