On my way to Bike Week, Daytona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody

Aquarium Advice Addict
well, a little known fact about myself. Im a big motorcycle-a-holic... and I am in the process of loading up the bikes and Friday morning Im heading south.
Im so excited about this. This will be my sixth year down there. A whole week of absolute chaos. About 600,000 people show up for a week. Traffic is a nightmare, but there are some beautiful rides. A nice beach, and a heck of alot of really fun people.
I have taught my dog to ride in a backpack, and he gets to go. Im so excited about taking him. He wears goggles and everything.
I would love to be able to ride down (you can get alot of lip for trailering) but it would be an 18 hour ride thru possibly ALOT of bad weather. Not something Im willing to do.
While Im down there I have made plans to go swimming with some manatee, in the Crystal River, and Im going "sky diving" (it's not real skydiving, its in a wind tunnel). You get about 6 minutes of "dive" time. FREAKIN BLAST!
So, wish me luck... and heres to keepin' the rubber side down! :onfire:

That sounds so cool! (y) I had dirt bikes when I was a kid, so I'm jealous! (yes, I know you're not talking about a dirt bike!) It would be awesome if you could get a pic of you on the bike, with the dog and his goggles! 8)

I will get a pic of my dog, hes a tad apprehensive of the bikes, he doesnt like the really loud ones... I wouldnt blame him. For anything that can hear the heat beat of a mole underground, it must be murder to hear something that would kill a humans ears. we'll keep him away from the big stuff.
I have a Suzuki Katana... looking to buy a new bike some time very soon. Hubby has a Honda CBR F4. I learned how to ride street bikes on this bike, Its a great bike, but Im ready to move up. Its a 600, which is plenty of thrills for ANY road in the US, but Im looking for something in maybe a 750. I LOVE the Triumphs, but a little out of my price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom